Devil+Judgement as feelings

liberated inferno

Hey peeps!

I did a 3 card reading on how does one person feel for another and I got the Devil on one side and Judgment on the other. There is a cup card, so there is some emotion involved, I'm just trying to reconcile the 2 Majors in regards to feelings.

I can see that the Devil will have feelings of lust, passion and obsession which, in the throws of a relationship is good to have. Combined with Judgment, which I consider the "wake up call" card, I see the combo as an inevitable union. Meaning, it's like the person has finally accepted that there IS a bond between them and the other and it would be of no use to try to deny it. There is a sense of surrender to the two cards: Surrender to the strong feelings/bond exhibited by Devil and the acceptance of those feelings exhibited by Judgment.

Thoughts?

PAMUYA

Devil and Judgement as feelings:

This is how I have read this combo in the past (although I am missing a card) There are many ways of reading these two cards, just thought I would throw this out.

The Devil is obsession and addiction. These can be sexual, drugs, alcolhol, or even stamp collecting. It is all comsuming. Combinded with Judgement which is a self awakening card, being aware of yourself, who you are. This combination could be saying that this person knows who they are, what they can and not control. They have feelings(depending on the cup card) but they do not want to hurt you, because they know themselves and know that eventually they will hurt you. Don't be surprised if they back away from you. This is actually a very noble move by someone who is controled by the Devil.

liberated inferno

Devil and Judgement as feelings:

This is how I have read this combo in the past (although I am missing a card) There are many ways of reading these two cards, just thought I would throw this out.

The Devil is obsession and addiction. These can be sexual, drugs, alcolhol, or even stamp collecting. It is all comsuming. Combinded with Judgement which is a self awakening card, being aware of yourself, who you are. This combination could be saying that this person knows who they are, what they can and not control. They have feelings(depending on the cup card) but they do not want to hurt you, because they know themselves and know that eventually they will hurt you. Don't be surprised if they back away from you. This is actually a very noble move by someone who is controled by the Devil.

Interesting. I do get an addictive personality from this person and I could see how they wouldn't want to hurt me. I'm trying to understand how you got the "pain" part in this. Could it be that he knows he's obsessed and is thinking about backing away because he doesn't want to come on too strong? It is a young relationship.

Is the Devil a negative connotation even if it it's surrounded by positive cards? I'm trying not to think "doomsday" when the Devil pops up in readings.