DIC: confusion on expectations

tabi

I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting in these cards, but I have to say that I was slightly disappointed when I got them. I got these cards not only for myself but as a gift for another friend (it will be her first and probably only deck).

Admittedly they are a great price for two decks and the pictures are amazingly stunning. They feel good from the first time you look and touch them. The stock quality isn't what I thought it would be or there is not gloss to them either.

Seriously I have no idea what I was thinking....just expect something different. Am I the only one that had this issue with the DIC deck?

lark

MY brain is foggy today which deck is DIC?
OH never mind..Dreaming In Color?

I have them and love them, but I use them in a very different way than I do any other deck.
I pull a card and stand it up in a little acrylic stand to meditate on it through out the day.
Sometimes I pull it randomly, sometimes because the picture strikes a need in me ,and sometimes by the word written on the bottom of the card.
I have not had much luck using it as an actual oracle.
But it is indispensible to me as a meditation deck.
You might present it to your friend in that way.
And if he/she is interested in tarot he/she might get aother deck in combination with this one.

My cards are thick, matte finished, a nice size, and I'm happy with that aspect of it.
I have a first printing.
I know she has gone into a second printing with a different card back on it so I don't know if she also changed the card stock.

Alta

Hi tabi and lark,

I didn't plan to get this deck, I have only a handful of oracles, but I had heard so much about it. When Kissa very generously decided to get rid of a huge pile of decks "for postage" I took advantage of this and got the DiC deck.

I only have what I have, so am not sure about card stock. It seems fine to me. More supple than cardboard-like so I may not have the same ones as lark.

I have used this deck a couple of times now in SOUL Gathering and had it used for me. It seems to be a very effective oracle. I like the one word plus the image. I find sometimes I just free-float with the word and sometimes with the image.

lark

I'll have to pop over to Soul Gathering and take a look at those readings Marion.
I should probably give it another chance in the oracle area.
Each card just overwhelms me though with color and feelings, I have a hard time when they are layed out in a spread.
It kind of makes me feel ....dizzy.
But that has been my usual state lately :D

Jewel-ry

I use it with the Flower Spirit Cards (a little oracle that I bought from one of those really cheap book stores) and they work wonderfully together.

I tried an exercise for a while where I pulled a card and then looked for a flower card with similar colouring. Quite often they complimented each other both aesthetically and in meaning.

I was disappointed only in the fact that some of the cards are so very similar but the colouring is very expressive imo.

I think lark's idea is a good one. If its your friends first deck why not give it to her as a meditation deck. She could pull a card a day for a while as well. I think it will be quite nice as a first deck. :)

tabi

I think there is where part of my confusion is. The site shows a high gloss finish to the deck. I simply may not be use to them. The stock is thin too. I'm not sure what printing they are though.

I'm also positive she isn't getting another deck. I got her the deck for self reflection and meditation to begin with. However I know her hubby isn't going to be all that thrilled with me for doing it. (win some lose some) I just know she really loved the graphics as much as I do. And from that fact they are great. Hmm...but for some reason I have this idea that the graphics would be better if they had a finish on them. (or i am just being picky)

I honestly have't seen the Soul cards, this particular deck is my second oracle and I haven't had the greatest luck with either of them. Have to read more and get a different mind frame. Or simply find the right deck, hopefully it doesn't take me as long to find as the tarot deck did.

huredriel

Don't know if this is of any use to you tabi, but I got this deck for personal meditation ...... used it a few times in this way ...... then joined the Intuitive Oracle Exchange ..... first two readings I did in there I meditated on the card as well as try and intuitively read the card drawn ....... and I think that's helped a lot ...... the last couple of readings I've done, I've not needed to meditate ........ new sign-up thread will be posted this weekend if you're interested :)

Btw, I love this deck .... it's my only oracle at present (probably gonna get the Soul cards too though) ..... and I find the card stock fine ..... not sure which printing I got though, had it about a year now.

x Huredriel