Did Druidcraft Change?!

Silverlyn

Hey all:

Just got my DruidCraft yesterday....and It doesn't have this one card that I was looking forward to seeing!

It's a good-looking man who looks happy and I think he has a wreath on....you all know what one I'm talking about, right?

It's not there and it was a brand new shrink-wrapped set with book?!

And also noticed that there are additional cards that aren't in a regular Tarot set, interesting!:)

Anyways.....what happened or is it a different deck that I'm thinking of this missing card from?

Help!?

Silverlyn

WalesWoman

There are only two cards in my copy with a happy looking man with a wreath on his head... Lovers and Devil /Cerrunos (I can't remember the DC name for the card because someone cut off the titles when they trimmed the borders)

Silverlyn

Arrgh. Hmm. It's a deck that looks very druidcraft-like, then.

And the guy is a good-looking middle-aged guy in brown hair, wearing some type of headgear maybe with viking horns on it??? And I think he's wearing yellow fur robe or something.... laughing and holding up a goblet in joy....

Dang what Deck IS that man from, then?

I hope someone here can find the card I'm talking about????

Edited to Add: Duhhhh! NEVER MIND everyone, God I'm gettin Olllld!

It is the Magician card from Robin Wood, I'm thinking of!!! (The first card of the cards in this link:).

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/robin-wood/index.shtml

And I already have The Robin Wood, too.

But for some reason, I was picturing THAT card as being in /belonging in The Druidcraft, LOL.

Ok, mystery solved.

And look for my one card reading offer soon with my new Druidcraft deck!:)

Silverlyn

inanna_tarot

LOL silverlyn, I do that all the time with decks :)

And the Robin Wood and the Druidcraft are well placed in any collection hehe

Le Fanu

Got me worried then! I have just ordered DruidCraft and was getting really worried: I mean, it´s enough of a problem having to cope with changing cardstock, different editions and increasing lamination, without having to cope with cards changing too!!

karenquilter

You'd best not get the BBC, then. There are some differences between the 2 editions.

SolSionnach

karenquilter said:
You'd best not get the BBC, then. There are some differences between the 2 editions.
Actually, there are *many* differences between the editions... I had a very enjoyable afternoon last July going through the 2 decks card by card, and most of them were tweaked, at least to make the central figures larger and more prominent. But many cards were completely changed, too.

WolfSpirit

Oh darn Silverlyn...now I wish that card WAS in the Druidcraft :laugh:
It sounds like it would belong there !
I wish they would change a card with every edition...would make for a lot more diversity :) (if they would do it at the same price of course)