Did I read wrong?

Blacktulip06

In a reading for a seeker I said that the reason for their break up was another woman, the fact the he was cheating on her. The seeker answered to me that she found out after the break-up about the cheating and that wasn't the reason.

Did I read right or wrong?

Melisandre

In a reading for a seeker I said that the reason for their break up was another woman, the fact the he was cheating her. The seeker answered to me that she find out after the break-up about the cheating and that wasn't the reason.

Just because she didn't find out until afterwards doesn't necessarily mean that the bottom line of their break-up couldn't have been the affair. If he was acting differently towards her, pushing her away in favor of the other woman for instance, that could have led to the break up. Particularly, if HE broke up with HER, the affair could still very easily be the reason for him to come to that decision.

Legion

Not Wrong, but Other.
Didn't you say there Was an affair after all? That is both cause for, and a direct consequence of, insecurity in the relationship. What the cards may have been wanting to tell the seeker the truth about the seekers partners insecurity and doubt. What the seeker in turn chose to do with that information is her matter. And even though the partner didn't agree that it was the affair that caused the relationship to end, I find it next to impossible to believe that it had no effect. It's not like you have an affair if you are 100% satisfied with your relationship. And having sex, or even just going out with someone, has an effect on your emotion, causing you to either like, or dislike the person more. Liking the person your cheating with reduces your attention for your current "official" partner, and thus causes further instability. Disliking the person you're cheating with (which is also a posibility) causes you to be ucomfortable with the affair itself, and that discomfort will spread to your "official" relationship.

So the cards were evidently reading, as a fellow forumist said, a universal truth. You read one aspect of it, communicated that information to the querrent, and it was shown to be the case of the situation. The querrent may disagree with the cards, but she can't deny that what they objectively said is true.

On the other hand, if I misunderstood you completely on that last sentence, and there was no affair, if you were to look through the reading again, Would you not find another, at least simular way, of reading the cards. They might speak of insecurity, separation, isolation, jealousy, or disatisfaction. I would possibly, as a reader, translate this into english as that it is likely that the cards are trying to say that there is an affair going on between your spouse and another, but it is also possible that the cards were telling of the situation between the two, and that there is enough problems that one of the partners may be at risk of being unfaithful, (or if he/she has got any form of dignity, simply break up) but have not yet taken action.

This alll comes with experience. I am personally relatively inexperienced with the arcana, and have made simular mistakes myself, but my experience with people, and my experience with putting situations together, understanding how circumstances reflect on each other, and understanding the result of an event or situation, has been of much use to me. The tarot is, to me, simply a way to determine what exactly the case is, what the question is about. They are advisors, sugestors, not eyes. They read people, usually feelings or traits, but rarely actual situations or events (though exceptions occur in every carft and plain).

Sorry for the long, and probably rather incomprehendable and barrock answer, but I hope you understand what it is I am talking about anyway.
Blessed be.

EDIT: What exacly did she mean when she said that was not the reason? Did she know for a fact? If so, did she know other things that supposedly wasn't the reason? If so, couldn't she have, in the same way, found out on her own what the real reason was?

rwcarter

By the fact that you're reading on a relationship, there are two perspectives. Why the relationship ended from her perspective could be something quite different from why the relationship ended from his perspective. Depending on how the question was phrased, you might have been picking up on his perspective and not hers. Even if he told her something else about why he was breaking up with her (assuming that's what happened), that doesn't mean that the other woman wasn't his true reason for breaking up with her.

So I wouldn't say that your interpretation or reading was wrong.

SunChariot

In a reading for a seeker I said that the reason for their break up was another woman, the fact the he was cheating on her. The seeker answered to me that she found out after the break-up about the cheating and that wasn't the reason.

If you were sure of what you saw in the cards, I would say you are right.

First of all the seeker may not know all there is to know about why things broke up. She may know what SHE was thinking and feeling. And that his cheating on her did nut cause HER to leave as she did not know until afterwards.

But can she know every single thought and feeling that was going on in her partner. First of all, where there is cheating it shows a lot about what is going on in that other person's mind...a lack of respect for the seeker, a lack of caring about her feelings, a selfishness,....the fact that her partner WAS cheating reflects all these thing and maybe more. How can any relationship last forever with all that going on>

The least you can say is that the issues that caused the cheating likely eroded teh relationship from within. Which is really quite similar to what you said. SO I think your relading was likely right. Just the seeker does not likely see or know all the underlying causes or all that went on inside her partner to bring things to that point.

OR she does not want to accept it, some things are painful and we are not always ready to accept them at first.

Babs

SunChariot

Just because she didn't find out until afterwards doesn't necessarily mean that the bottom line of their break-up couldn't have been the affair. If he was acting differently towards her, pushing her away in favor of the other woman for instance, that could have led to the break up. Particularly, if HE broke up with HER, the affair could still very easily be the reason for him to come to that decision.

Exactly! And something was wrong before she was aware of it. Just because she didn't know it at the time does not mean something was not going wrong,

Babs

Blacktulip06

Thank you very much all of you for taking the time to answer to me.
Now I understand something I didn't before, keep thinking of this reading and its meaning. Actually the question was if she can get back to him and now I realize that even if she knew or not about the cheating in the moment of breaking it definitely stands now between her and her boyfriend and they can't get go together the way they used to be and that's why Tarot choose to show that woman in the past to me... because that cheating was a big issue for her.