Disappointment after the fact, Ludy Lescot...?

Stark Raven

Within the last week, I was thrilled to receive my highly anticipated Ludy Lescot deck. Besides the fact that like many darker decks, the coloring is a little deadish, in most ways I really liked the deck, and felt very connected with it right off the bat. A few days ago, I did a few readings with it and felt for reasons that they were inaccurate; I have never encountered a period where I had felt this same feeling while using other decks, or at any other time under any circumstance. There are other variables involved though, let me explain. I mentioned this elsewhere in the forum, but it applies here... I had been very busy for over a week, and I had thought no harm would come if I skipped the usual protection ritual I do for a little while. I had done this for a few days. I felt that some readings were tainted during that time, at least possibly. They felt quite inaccurate, especially with the Ludy Lescot. I have good reason to believe that some were. Now, even though since I have quickly returned to performing my usual protection ritual, I have been put off of the cards.

Anyone else, tell me how you think this would affect you. Would you give them another try or pack them away? By the way, I am not fully immersed in the idea of 'negative spirits hanging around', just waiting to intervene on Tarot readings because they are so evil or anything so silly. What brings that comment into play is that recently my third eye opened; one thing led to another to bring to my awareness that off the bat, my vibrational level is lower than ideal. Apparently that causes situations like mine to happen. Those of you with consistently higher vibrational levels may never have opportunity to see this. Anyway, now you know where I am coming from, let me know what you think on this...?

GoldenWolf

I'd put them away for awhile and see how I feel about them when you feel on a more even keel. I have a large collection with some decks that, while I may enjoy the art and/or concept, I just don't find them useful to read with. Maybe that is the case with this deck for you, at least at this time.

Stark Raven

I'd put them away for awhile and see how I feel about them when you feel on a more even keel. I have a large collection with some decks that, while I may enjoy the art and/or concept, I just don't find them useful to read with. Maybe that is the case with this deck for you, at least at this time.

Thank you GoldenWolf;

I think you are very likely right. That it could well be a combination of the deck and the situation being less than ideal. I am finding it odd though that I have no desire to go back to that deck that had me absolutely smitten at the beginning...

Le Fanu

Maybe it's just not the deck for you.

I swooned over scans of the Ludy Lescott and when it arrived I found it very flat and weirdly dead. Nothing them. A kind of vacuum with cleavage. I traded it and I never trade decks.

Stark Raven

Maybe it's just not the deck for you.

I swooned over scans of the Ludy Lescott and when it arrived I found it very flat and weirdly dead. Nothing them. A kind of vacuum with cleavage. I traded it and I never trade decks.

Ha Ha, a vacuum with cleavage... that's kind of a summary of how I perceived it when I saw it online. It didn't seem like that in my hands. The flat coloring is weird though. It looks like a once beautiful deck was left to sit in bright light for quite a while. Still I found it attractive at first. Not now though. I wish I hadn't have bought it...

Glass Owl

You could put it away for awhile and come back to it at another time. Your opinion of it may change with time.

If you find that you just don't resonate with it, you may want to put it up in the trading thread. I have had decks that I didn't work for me and I don't regret trading them at all. The decks found a new home where they were enjoyed and I discovered new decks that I did like.

Stark Raven

You could put it away for awhile and come back to it at another time. Your opinion of it may change with time.

If you find that you just don't resonate with it, you may want to put it up in the trading thread. I have had decks that I didn't work for me and I don't regret trading them at all. The decks found a new home where they were enjoyed and I discovered new decks that I did like.

What a great suggestion, thank you!

TheLovers2

New to Ludy Lescot Deck

I hope it changes for you and I'm sorry that happened. To be excited about a deck and then have that happen; it's like a date that you look forward to only to find out later, there's only a DIS-connect. Decks have been known to resurrect themselves into one's life at a later date.

Well, I never thought I'd buy this deck, but that happens to me from time to time. I see scans of a particular deck and I think, "Never. That's not for me." I can't tell you how many times I've been surprised this way. This happened recently with the Deviant Moon deck which I purchased because the price was so good. I just couldn't pass it up, but I was surprised at how much I "felt" and how the deck resonated with me after taking the time to examine each of the cards, carefully. Now, I'm not saying that I like all of the cards. Some are most definitely difficult for me, but this post is about the Ludy Lescot deck -- so back to it.

Admittedly, I haven't read with it yet, not even a one card reading, but I plan to this evening. The thing is, I had a store order the deck and they told me that when it came in, I was under no obligation to purchase it, if I decided against it. That was a few days ago and they had also ordered 2 other decks for me which were there that day. The other decks cause me no hesitation (well there's one card that does, but that's it) however, it was the Ludy deck that drew me and seem to say, "Take a chance on me." I chose that one.

I am not one for dark decks for the most part. This one was a challenge to open up to. I particularly had a hard time and may still with the 3 Swords and will look to see what others have posted about this card. But, so far, I like this deck very much and it's weird that I feel that way. It's not an easy deck to get comfortable with, IMO. Not for me. One of the things that makes this deck work for me so far in exploring it is her "words of wisdom" type of interpretations of the cards. They are extremely thought provoking -- very deep. You see, I thought this deck was going to be simply an excuse to be dark and sexist and really, superficial. I'm not finding it so at all. I REALLY like what she says in her intro to the deck.

I feel this deck has layers and layers - and we have layers and layers and I realize that I have to be willing to peel. She speaks of her notes as, "matches in the dark." I don't know how she managed to bring light out of these images, but she has. It's in the "notes," I think. Quite profound, really. Without her notes, I'd be truly "lost in the dark" on this one. When I ponder WHAT she says, then look at the images . . . well, something begins to happen and a kind of wisdom is shared. The kind that comes from having known pain and situations that may test you almost to the breaking point. I felt at first that I don't need to revisit the dark or pain to have more light. I feel I have plenty of light and want to keep it that way, but this deck isn't about wallowing in despair or darkness at all. The images are misleading in that way, I think.

Now, having said all that, I am hoping I don't have the experience of the poster who had the innacurate readings. I don't know what is going to happen when I do a reading and I'm a bit concerned, but this evening I will see how it goes. I will probably do a 1 to 3 card reading. She offers a spread (I think it would amount to 20 cards) but that would be too much for me with this deck, at this time.

TheLovers2

MaineGirl117

Sorry to hear that your fondness for the Ludy Lescot deck waned so quickly after receiving it :( This deck is actually my go-to, all time favorite deck. There's just something about the images and all the symbols that really resonate with me on a deep level. I've found over the past 8 months of using this deck exclusively that I can't rely on rote meanings when interpretting these cards. The pictures, for me, tell the whole story - and sometimes you really have to stretch your imagination and then - WOW, there it is! Exactly what the cards said would happen is there!

For example, the 7 of pentacles crossed by the Tower card appeared the night I was looking out the window at a storm rolling in, and my house got hit by lightening. You really can't be any more literal than that. I also posted a 'story' in the your readings forum of a very literal interpretation of these cards (3 of swords plays an interesting role here!). There's a thread in the study forum where Hemera and I have been compiling spreads done with LL to show how these cards have presented themselves in interesting ways. There are also interpretations of these cards in their individual threads that you may find helpful if you do continue to give this deck a try.

I've seen several people come and go in the LL study group, who initially liked the deck but ended up putting it away. For some reason this deck works well dealling with your shadow self, hidden fears being brought to the surface so they can be released and such.

I hope you give the deck another try! Stop by the study group and see what other people have posted about the cards and add your thoughts if you like :)

But if it's not for you, it's not for you. I think we've all bought decks we thought we'd love, and have set them aside.

Stark Raven

Thanks for bringing the study group as well as your experience with LL to my attenion MaineGirl117. I will put that on my list of things to get to as soon as the oportunity presents.

...I hope you give the deck another try! Stop by the study group and see what other people have posted about the cards and add your thoughts if you like :)

But if it's not for you, it's not for you. I think we've all bought decks we thought we'd love, and have set them aside.