Do you use Google Adwords?

FionaT

Hi

I just wondered if any of you use adwords and what results you get if you do? I consult for adwords for web writing and marketing clients but I haven't used it for myself for tarot. I'm wondering if you would be seen as less trustworthy (there is that theory about adwords).

What do you think?

FionaT

Sorry - didn't explain. When you look up a keyword or phrase on Google there are the main listings and then on the right and at the top are paid listings. These are Google adwords - pay per click advertising.

Major Tom

It's useless to use adwords unless you're a large company.

Pay attention to your keywords to get a top listed website.

Search for tarot class on google in the UK. ;)

FionaT

Hi Major Tom!

Thanks for the reply. The reason I posted was because I saw a member here had an ad on adwords. I clicked on her site, but was surprised to see it was quite a small one person business in the UK. That got me intrigued.

Totally agree about keywords and so on but in marketing 'every little helps' in the words of our own dear Tesco!

Thanks again!

PsychicLord

I am planning to use adwords to help draw individuals to my own site which opens in a week or two.

Like Major Tom mentioned, keywords are critical, and my web designer spent much time encouraging me to think carefully.

Certain adwords are very expensive (after all Google does not offer the service out of the kindness of their corporate heart). It is a case of weighing up the potential traffic, coupled with the degree of potential spend once the guest has landed on your site.