Does anyone know a spread to look at working overseas?

Lula Jing

I've had a look around AT and whilst I've found lots of great career spreads, I can't find one that covers working abroad.

I am currently looking for a new job/contract and by chance an agent contacted me asking me if I wanted to work in Australia on a contract.

This was the furthest thought from my mind but then it got me thinking.... why not?? What is to stop me??

I've never been outside of Europe and I've never worked overseas... SO, does anyone have a spread that would be great to explore this unusual opportunity? I want to know whether or not it would be a good idea for me to consider working overseas at this time.

Shy x

serenaserendipity

Dear Shy Priestess--

I think there a number of ways to approach this--

First of all, I think if you are considering a big move, like moving abroad, it is good to think of how it will affect your life overall...

Then you can make a general reading, based on the moving abroad for work, within your question (and then use a traditional spread)...

For ex:
"How will it affect my life if I choose to move to Australia to pursue this work opportunity?"
and then you can see what the Tarot says...

Cards I would be particularly on the lookout for-
6 of swords-
I would take this as a good sign, since traditionally it means a trip overseas
4 of pentacles- this one can mean the power of establishment, for example, beauracratic hoops to jump through that you must be careful of
Hierophant- this can mean dealing with traditions and cultural issues
the World- would be a great blessing to recieve in a reading about moving abroad
the Magician- since you are moving for your job, this would also be good
6 of cups- I might interpret this as a potential for homesickness...

etc.. etc..

Does that help?

Would you like me or someone else to do a reading for you on this topic? or do you prefer to find your way yourself?

I would probably just put your concerns into the question, and then use a traditional Celtic Cross spread (since I use CC for nearly everything!)

Sincerely,
Serendipity

Lula Jing

serenaserendipity said:
Would you like me or someone else to do a reading for you on this topic? or do you prefer to find your way yourself?
Hi serenaserendipity... I liked your advice on this. It would make very good sense to have this in perspective.

I have done a lot of readings for myself on various issues just lately and so it would be nice to have somebody else to take a look at this for me. I would be happy for you to do it. Maybe the moderators would need to move this to the reading exchange? Only thing is, I am not so confident at giving readings for others, but maybe I could give you some feedback? :)

Many thanks for your suggestions. If etiquette allows, I would be happy for you to do the reading.

Shy :love:

Moonbow

Moderator Note:

The reading and feedback which followed the above post has been moved to the Reading Exchange. Please note that the Tarot Spreads forum is for the discussion and sharing of new or unusual spreads but not for the interpretation of cards.

As pointed out by Shy Priestess, this is not the correct forum to do an exchange, if unsure please refer to the guidelines at the top of each forum or refer to a moderator.

Moonbow*

Lula Jing

Many thanks Moonbow: I realise I should have brought this to your attention sooner! :)

Moonbow

No problem Shy Priestess and nothing to apologise for - its sorted now :)