does anyone use crystals during readings?

linabeet

I'm thinking about incorporating crystals into readings in some way, maybe to give out to people charged with the energy of the reading or something. Has anyone done this or have any ideas?

smokey

I use my crystals in readings as an intuitive measure, I
just arrange a few here & there(where-ever the flow moves me),
& I'll hold whatever at random occasionally to pick up any increased awareness when viewing a card.(I also use a
small rainbow obsidian at times.) Sometimes a meaning will become clearer/enhanced.

eastarot

No, but recently I was asked for a rose quartz. I keep some on the desk when I read, and a lady felt she needed it. Thats when it struck me, that it might be a good idea to keep a few charged crystals to give - maybe amethyst, roze quartz, clear quartz.

kryztyna

I always keep crystals in my tarot bags and I keep a clear quartz near while I'm reading.

Island Dreamer

Crystals

I keep crystals in my tarot bags too - usually I let the deck choose by using my pendulum to ask a simple yes/no question over the crystal to determine if it should join the deck in the bag.

Favourites seem to be clear quartz, amethyst and moonstone.

I'm reluctant to get into a habit of using specific crystals when I'm doing a reading because it might make it more difficult if I have to do a reading elsewhere without the crystals.

Just my thoughts.

Dreamer

Umbrae

For me, crystals resonate wrong for reading. Quartz and Amethyst are too ‘heady’ (crown chakra reference) for use during a reading (there’s a whole lot going on there in the first place).

But Onyx or Fluorite work wonderful for grounding during readings. For me, grounding is far more important during a reading…

Bluemanticore

Just a sidenote, I thought those of you interested in both tarot and crystals as I am might be interested in checking out a certain deck I love. The Tarot of Gemstones and Crystals has a beautiful photo of a different stone on each and every card. I even find that the cards are just as good as having the stone itself for my spells.

DeLani

I do...each deck of mine has either a double-terminated or a "transmitter" (?) (one end is a point, the other has many points, a type of self-healed).
I keep a med. sized cluster of amyethyst in with all my decks (it's a deep, royal purple - lovely). I also have a very clear double-terminated quartz, an egg-sized amethyst point, and a disc of labradorite that I use when doing readings.
So, when I get ready to do a reading, I spread out my little cloth, and arrange the deck's crystal along with all the other stones I just mentioned, into a pentacle, with the cluster at apex, the labradorite and the amethyst point at the arms, and the two quartz crystals at the legs.
So you can see I'm a little overboard with the crystals.

TemperanceAngel

I keep crystals with my decks. I have a large clear quartz that I have with my RWS which I hold onto when I read to help with focus, channeling and grounding.

I have a beautiful citrine with my Scapini deck amd a rose quartz owl with my angel cards.

Crystals placed on my tarot table or nearby depend on my mood or what I feel my client needs.

deedlit420

Another use for crystals

According to tarot for your self by mary greer, you can use a crystal to remember past readings.