Dream about best friend

LovelyMissAries

I dreamt that my best friend was fired from his job and telling me about it in front of an 2-door fridge in his small apartment-sized kitchen. The lighting was dim, and the freezer door was open behind him. He was standing in front of it hugging himself. I remember he was tearing up and saying "They said that I was a nobody." And then I cupped his moon face in my hands, looked him in the eyes and told him "But you're everything to me."

I looked up the meaning of "fired" on Myjellybean.com and it said it represents wanting to end a situation/relationship.. but that's if the dreamer is fired themselves. I wasn't fired, though. So... any thoughts on what this means? It keeps replaying over and over in my mind.

blueviolet

Wow, that does seem full of symbolism, giving you a message about your friendship. Being in the kitchen is kind of like the hearth of the home, yet he's in front of the open freezer feeling cold and abandoned. You're attempting to comfort and reassure him that he means something to you.
Think back -- is there something you may have forgotten regarding him and his plans, his life? Was there anything you may have neglected? Or maybe that others neglected?
Perhaps he's afraid of losing the friendship, or just that he's feeling really down and lonely right now and needs you in some way.

LovelyMissAries

That's the thing... I mean, if there's been anything neglected in our friendship, I wouldn't know... I see him all the time and we talk every night and so far no complaints. I'm interested in other guys though so perhaps that's causing him to fear losing the friendship? If that were it, I'd be completely shocked.

MantraTarot

In certain schools of therapy (Jungian is the one I want to say, I think), they say that everything in your dream actually relates back to you. So even if you dreamt of your BFF, you could *be* him in the dream. You could be comforting yourself. A ego play of sorts.

LovelyMissAries

MantraTarot said:
In certain schools of therapy (Jungian is the one I want to say, I think), they say that everything in your dream actually relates back to you. So even if you dreamt of your BFF, you could *be* him in the dream. You could be comforting yourself. A ego play of sorts.

That's kind of what I thought as well... but when I first posted this, I just wanted to know what it meant if someone else was fired in your dream.