Dream and Symbolism: shaman, feather, smoke, chanting ..

bluelagune

I've looked up general idea of symbolism of each. Most relay protection and from different cultures feathers associate to status and Egyptian goddess of Justice. However, I'm not sure how this dream relates to me...

Deam: I was in our old appartment. A shaman was holding an ostrich feather in right hand and a wooden ball with smoke in his left. As he walked through the appartment he kept waving the feather and chanting.

Do you guys know what this could mean?

JoJoCat

Was he passing the feather through the smoke? If so I'd think he was cleansing your apartment. Maybe this relates to a need to have some of your past cleansed or purified? It made ready to accept new concepts in spirituality? That's how I would take it [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluelagune

Was he passing the feather through the smoke? If so I'd think he was cleansing your apartment.
Yes. It looked like it but I cannot understand why that apartment. 10 years has passed since I moved from there.

Maybe this relates to a need to have some of your past cleansed or purified?
My life in that place was ok. Not the best but not the worst. I'm not seeing anything tragic in it. Time kinda floated by, without rocking the boat and nothing significant happened.

It made ready to accept new concepts in spirituality? That's how I would take it [emoji4]
There were no changes in spirituality there either. I've kept same beliefs.

Flames

Have you ever heard of the saying, "Wherever you go, there you are?" So no matter where you go or where you move to, if there are issues you haven't dealt with, they (the past) will follow you to your new dwelling (home). The ostrich feather can be about cleaning house or cleansing the emotions. Whether it's an actual place or your physical self (body/home), the message might be a need to 'cleanse' and let go of old patterns. You might find this interesting. https://www.spirit-animals.com/ostrich/

Both the feather and chanting might mean that the process doesn't need to be a difficult one. It's about creating and purifying a space for yourself where you can thrive, feel grounded, safe, and connected to something larger than yourself. Just some thoughts.

bluelagune

Have you ever heard of the saying, "Wherever you go, there you are?" So no matter where you go or where you move to, if there are issues you haven't dealt with, they (the past) will follow you to your new dwelling (home). The ostrich feather can be about cleaning house or cleansing the emotions. Whether it's an actual place or your physical self (body/home), the message might be a need to 'cleanse' and let go of old patterns. You might find this interesting. https://www.spirit-animals.com/ostrich/
Yes, I went through that link in the morning. Clensing old patterns, I need to think on that more.

Both the feather and chanting might mean that the process doesn't need to be a difficult one. It's about creating and purifying a space for yourself where you can thrive, feel grounded, safe, and connected to something larger than yourself. Just some thoughts.
I do house "clensing" periodically. Maybe it's time to do one again?

JoJoCat

Yeah I don't think it's all so literal to mean the time from that exact apt. Of course it could. But if you don't feel anything from that time or if it wasn't eventful then the Dream may just be about your past and showing the apt was just to put you in the past. Not necessarily to say it was the past from that time, if that makes sense. I think a proper cleansing would help! And maybe while you do it other feelings and memories will come up

bluelagune

Yeah I don't think it's all so literal to mean the time from that exact apt. Of course it could. But if you don't feel anything from that time or if it wasn't eventful then the Dream may just be about your past and showing the apt was just to put you in the past. Not necessarily to say it was the past from that time, if that makes sense. I think a proper cleansing would help! And maybe while you do it other feelings and memories will come up

Good point but here is what does not make sence:
1. that place was my "home" which means I had a protection spell on it and I did the clensings periodically.
2. I also bought a house since that and it is my "home" now. The only "entities" that have come here have passed on and are related to me. The entities who are not related to me always ask for permission to enter. This shaman did not ask for one as I no longer live there and don't consider it home.
3. Also, I lived in few apartments since because of my job bUT I've never considered them home. That's where I had very big problems.
4. Doing another clensing does not make sence as I just did one on Friday for myself and week prior to that I did the house clensing. If this guy came to help why is he breaking the rules? This just don't make sence.
Oh and the Santiago witch was there too from my privious posts. It's like they are attacking that "home" but I'm not there?

celticnoodle

I've been reading this thread with great interest. I may have an answer for you Bluelagune. I wonder IF perhaps this shaman is an ancestor of yours--maybe even one you don't know of? Or perhaps a spiritual guide to you? He could be coming through w/o permission because he IS one or the other, and also, perhaps since he *came* to the old home you had and are no longer in--he felt like he didn't need permission to come through? jsut a few of the thoughts that ran through my mind on this.

bluelagune

I've been reading this thread with great interest. I may have an answer for you Bluelagune. I wonder IF perhaps this shaman is an ancestor of yours--maybe even one you don't know of? Or perhaps a spiritual guide to you? He could be coming through w/o permission because he IS one or the other, and also, perhaps since he *came* to the old home you had and are no longer in--he felt like he didn't need permission to come through? jsut a few of the thoughts that ran through my mind on this.

Thanks. :) I thought about him being an ancestor. The thing about the 'passed relatives', even if you never meet them, when they come into your dreams you will have a feeling like they are 'family'. There will be no specific definition to the line but just family. Example: a boy came by few years ago. I had a feeling of 'knowing' that he is mine. However, when i woke up I was not sure if he were my grandmothers brother or my unborn child or my brother. And second thought, the dead come to my HOME, where I currently have my home. Even if I travel, they always come to my HOME, not hotel room or temporarry residence but the current home. The place this man came to was my third 'home'... why not pick the two before this one? ... what's so special about that place?

i'm not very familiar with spiritual guides. I looked up native american tribal histories and traditions but I have no association to them. Maybe at some point there lived a tribe in that area but now its a residential area. Either way, why me? Also the type of the feather used was off. Native american tribes use feathers of local birds. The feather that this guy had was very big and fluffy like ostrich. So he is either Egyptian or Australian. I've never been to either places unfortunately...

celticnoodle

Thanks. :) I thought about him being an ancestor. The thing about the 'passed relatives', even if you never meet them, when they come into your dreams you will have a feeling like they are 'family'. There will be no specific definition to the line but just family. Example: a boy came by few years ago. I had a feeling of 'knowing' that he is mine. However, when i woke up I was not sure if he were my grandmothers brother or my unborn child or my brother. And second thought, the dead come to my HOME, where I currently have my home. Even if I travel, they always come to my HOME, not hotel room or temporarry residence but the current home. The place this man came to was my third 'home'... why not pick the two before this one? ... what's so special about that place?

As for why htey come to your 3rd home, perhaps this is when they were just ready to come to you. or maybe they did come in the other homes, but you didn't *notice* them?

i'm not very familiar with spiritual guides. I looked up native american tribal histories and traditions but I have no association to them. Maybe at some point there lived a tribe in that area but now its a residential area. Either way, why me? Also the type of the feather used was off. Native american tribes use feathers of local birds. The feather that this guy had was very big and fluffy like ostrich. So he is either Egyptian or Australian. I've never been to either places unfortunately...

You don't necessarily need to have an association to any specific people to have them as a guide though. And, who knows why you? Why not you? I was quite surprised when I saw my first spiritual guide come to me. They didn't come to me in meditation--but came to me when I was asleep in bed w/the hubby and he woke me up to talk to me. It was so bizarre, I remember thinking I must be dreaming and I kept pinching myself but each time I did, it hurt and I'd say to myself, this is not a dream! :laugh:

And, like I mentioned, you dont need to have been to their homeland or have them for a guide. Maybe in time though, an answer to this weird happening will come to you. If it does - I hope you'll post about it again to let us know! Veryinteresting!