Dream of a bright light

Meditarot

One of those fascinating dreams again, lasted only for such a short period of time. I wonder what it meant.

I admit, I was having a really bad hangover the other day. I had got myself a bit too many drinks the previous night while going out with my friends and misjudged my limits (My friends, a few who are quite heavy drinkers, didn't help things).

The next day was horrible, I will not go into full detail of it because of its graphical nature, but let's just say it wasn't your regular hangover. It lasted for around 12 hours and I was contemplating whether to call a doctor or not due to some of the symptoms that I will not describe in detail here. My life wasn't in a threat but I wasn't okay either.

Anyways, during one of those hangover induced dreams I had a flashback dream from the previous night. This wasn't nothing spectacular.
However, suddenly the dream changed to a completely different one:

I was surrounded by an immensely bright and warm light. I could even say that I was the light, but it was difficult to tell the difference. There was nothing but immense brightness and warmth. This lasted for at least several seconds.

Then the dream ended, I woke up and headed straight to the toilet -_-

I sure ain't drinking in a while again, and I will try to remember to tone down the amount I'm taking.

What do you think the dream was about? I've read that a bright light can indicate positivity and hope, but it can also be about healing.

Saskia

I wonder if you actually had an out of body or near death experience...?

It's also possible the light is about healing. I once had a dream where I was plunged into darkness and then woke up watching the sun rise (still dreaming), but I was on a barren planet and the sun rose against the black space. When I really woke up, I realised I had temperature, but it faded away soon and I didn't become properly ill. I've heard that visualising bright white light helps with healing, so perhaps your subconscious visualised it for you to heal from your ordeal.

RiverRunsDeep

Seconding Saskia's response, that is was likely a dream about healing from your ordeal.

Or, if you truly felt that you yourself were the light, maybe it was a gentle, parental reminder from your subconscious that you are better and brighter than that, and not to do it again. :)