Dream of temple and high buildings. Please help!

Ann Yu

Hi everyone, long time no see. I've been so busy out here that I can't visit the forum frequently. I had an odd dream last night and it was too real that I have to ask myself all the time.

Well, I'm in Asia so there are lots of temples in here.

----
I dreamed of a temple last night.
- At first, It looked nice but I didn't like its construction and building style because it was a little bit Eastern in some details and not orthodox so I spoke it out. Some buddhas heard that and they seemed unpleasant and said something to warn me. And I had to worship the Buddha.
- And then there was a beggar coming in and the budhas said that he was given one of the presents from the Temple which he chose. And I was asked to come with him to help him choosing one of cups that given by the Temple.
- The third point is, right in front of the Temple, I mean at the opposite of the Temple there were so many high luxury buildings and skyscrapers. My real city is quite small and there aren't so many high buildings. Those buildings were very bigh and looked like in Shanghai or NewYork.

----

This is how I interpret my dreams after searching on the Internet:
- The Temple usually represents good things, luck coming up and worshiping the Buddha also represents good luck in a relationship. But if you are playing at the Temple or say something that you shouldn't say, bad lucks are coming. =>> So there is a bad luck in my relationship coming up?

- The beggar represents poverty. Maybe I will have some problems about the finance. But the beggar here was given gift by the Budhhas. So what does it mean?

- The skyscrapers reflect some major problems that I have to face and I think it would be the major exam tomorrow.

----

Well, I can't figure them out clearly, esp the temple and the beggar. Thank you so much for reading my post and If you can help me, I appreciate all your post here.

Nice weekend

JSNYC

I am not sure I am any good at this, so I will apply a little of Jung's methods to possibly give you some ideas. Jung really focuses on the overall context of the dream, rather than the particular symbolism.

It appears the temple represents tradition, from a spiritual or possibly personal or family perspective. To many people a temple represents safety and security, or peace. It appears you may be challenging that, or feel that is being challenged. These points also seem to be emphasized in the contrast with the "modern" buildings across the road, which seemed out of place to you.

The above mentioned things along the beggar give me more of an impression that maybe you are being challenged, possibly holding onto something that you feel might be changing. The beggar can represent poverty, but I think he more represents the "lack" of something. I think the admonishment of the Buddhists emphasizes that, the need to accept something. Maybe it could mean some kind of change for you in life that is causing you some uncertainty and thus a desire to "hang on" to what you have and know.

Jung would say to look at what the things in your dreams mean to you, not necessarily what they mean to someone else or some kind of "standard definiton", although those things can be good to try to generate ideas. Hope it helped.

Ann Yu

Thank you so much. It really makes sense because I'm facing some changing, too :D
But what is Jung's method :D

JSNYC

Ann Yu said:
But what is Jung's method :D
It is really just focusing on the overall context, which I mentioned in the original post. To try to briefly summarize; some people look at dreams as some sort of a "puzzle" to decipher, whereas Jung would look at your dream as a magically manufactured piece of artwork, created by your soul as a message to your conscious mind. It is (the real) you trying to talk to you, to tell you something. Thus the goal isn't to decipher the artwork as much as it is to understand it by feeling its meaning. Because you know best what you are talking about. :D Jung would encourage "free association" with your dreams.

MagsStardustBlack

At first, It looked nice but I didn't like its construction and building style because it was a little bit Eastern in some details and not orthodox so I spoke it out. Some buddhas heard that and they seemed unpleasant and said something to warn me. And I had to worship the Buddha.
- And then there was a beggar coming in and the budhas said that he was given one of the presents from the Temple which he chose. And I was asked to come with him to help him choosing one of cups that given by the Temple.
- The third point is, right in front of the Temple, I mean at the opposite of the Temple there were so many high luxury buildings and skyscrapers. My real city is quite small and there aren't so many high buildings. Those buildings were very bigh and looked like in Shanghai or NewYork.

The feeling i got from reading your dream is that your spiritual views will be taking a major shift. Either you will find some of your views no longer fit your new spiritual path or they will be deepening, finding new enlightenment. I feel your abilities will be gearing more towards helping others who are in or come into your life.

xxxMags.

Milfoil

Ann Yu said:
I dreamed of a temple last night.
- At first, It looked nice but I didn't like its construction and building style because it was a little bit Eastern in some details and not orthodox so I spoke it out. Some buddhas heard that and they seemed unpleasant and said something to warn me. And I had to worship the Buddha.

Perhaps you are questioning your spiritual inner landscape, what feels right and what feels off yet there are some aspects of that spiritual understanding or belief which are being challenged. The challenge is making you feel a little uncomfortable.

Ann Yu said:
And then there was a beggar coming in and the budhas said that he was given one of the presents from the Temple which he chose. And I was asked to come with him to help him choosing one of cups that given by the Temple.

The beggar has lost everything, has no 'baggage' and may well represent the aspect of yourself which has 'given up' on conventional ways or beliefs. By doing so the beggar is pure in intent and is offered the gift of a cup (a vessel for offerings and for holding something sacred). The beggar is about being humble and comes forward wanting nothing more than sustenance but is given a great gift and you are to help him choose it. This suggests that you are shedding that which doesn't serve you and coming to a point where you can be completely open minded about spiritual beliefs. By doing this, a great gift is offered in return.

Ann Yu said:
The third point is, right in front of the Temple, I mean at the opposite of the Temple there were so many high luxury buildings and skyscrapers. My real city is quite small and there aren't so many high buildings. Those buildings were very bigh and looked like in Shanghai or NewYork.

The contrast to the spiritual oasis within us, is the ever present temptation of the bright lights, success, money and power. These are opposites which we all have to consider in our lives. How can we live a spiritual life of humility, service and compassion if we work every day to achieve material wealth?

It can be done, there is not right or wrong answer - only what is right for you but this dream seems to be about you finding new answers to age old questions and finding your own way with your spiritual search.

I hope this makes sense.