Druid Craft Tarot Card Stock?

Darkness

I am just about to purchase the DruidCraft tarot and am just wondering what the card stock is like. Im hoping it isnt to flimsy and light weight, can someone please inform what these cards are like also size wise? Thank you

Cassandra022

the stock is quite good, just right in terms of not too flimsy, not too thick in my opinion. but untrimmed, the deck is pretty large/unweildy, must say.

Darkness

the stock is quite good, just right in terms of not too flimsy, not too thick in my opinion. but untrimmed, the deck is pretty large/unweildy, must say.

Thank you for your reply Cassandra022, they are quite larger then your average tarot deck arent they, hope i dont have have to much of an issue in regards to shuffling. Thankyou

Chiriku

The stock could be better.

This deck has probably gotten the most use out of all the decks I've ever owned. That is because the Druidcraft has been the choice of decks for most of my querents since I started offering it soon after it was published.

The one I bought (again, when it debuted) creases and dents easily, even with careful handling. I had to get a backup after one of my favorite cards sustained a distracting dent.

The size is perfect for my tastes/vision. I have always preferred large decks. Granted, I don't have the small hand problem that many here seem to cite in denouncing large decks, but even when a deck is less-than-comfortable to handle (e.g. the Maat), large-sized art always wins for me, always.

I trimmed my DruidCraft because it looks better without the outer borders, in my opinion.

Wendywu

I trimmed mine down to the image, taking off the borders and the titles. It's amazing how gorgeous they are. Always been a favourite. It's not like the images are sooo different from Rider Waite bog-standard that they were hard to fathom out and I do prefer them this way. Although i will admit I am one of the small-handed sub-species of tarot-reader ....

Darkness

Haha thanks for the heads up, i dont think it will be much of an issue for me regarding the cards being to large to shuffle i am quite a tall guy my hands are bigger then average i suppose, it is only because im used to shuffling the normal RWS size. Looking forward to getting these!

Carla

I am just about to purchase the DruidCraft tarot and am just wondering what the card stock is like. Im hoping it isnt to flimsy and light weight, can someone please inform what these cards are like also size wise? Thank you

The stock actually is thin and rather flimsy in comparison with many other decks. At their full size, they can feel quite floppy when shuffling, and they are large as others have said. I trimmed mine back to borderless, leaving title. The cards look lovely that way, are easier to handle and no longer as floppy.

It is a lovely deck, buy two so you can trim one and leave the other one whole. :D

vee

I have one trimmed and one whole. The cardstock is not the most exciting cardstock, but it's held up for me! :)