dusty crystal clusters

madmoiselle

I have a citrine crystal cluster. It was my great-grandmothers, and I wipe a cloth over it from time to time, but over the years, dust has gathered in the crystal crevices. What's the best way to clean a crystal cluster (not cleanse)? Thanks!

tarot4fun

You can clean it in warm water. :)

wizzle

Warm water with a mild detergent plus a soft toothbrush to scrub into crevices will clean it up nicely. Rinse well after you've scrubbed it and shake well to dry.

Rin

How well would you recommend using a hair dryer set on cold?

dandelion

Toothbrush! I have been cleaning crystal clusters with old toothbrushes since I was five. Wizzle has the right idea with a little mild soap! For really tough dust, soak the crystal, scrub a little, soak some more, repeat. :)

HearthCricket

Lukewarm water with a very soft toothbrush, and a drop of mild dishwashing liquid. If you use bar soap, a film can be left, so you need the more diluted suds and only a touch. Dab dry with a soft cotton cloth and put in well ventilated area, like a window sill, to finish the drying process. I would not use a blow dryer on it. Exposure to extreme temps can make it fragile and crack.