Eeek! Some decks are slippery like fish!

Intyale

I'm a neurotic shuffler. I can shuffle for fifteen minutes straight. It's a very calming motion for me. I'll sit there and shuffle while thinking over the situation or issue while throwing myself in a state of trance, basically.

So, imagine my frustration when my newer decks have a 'waterfall' effect in the middle of shuffling. Kind of throws your groove off, so to speak. I have small hands, so when one card slips, it's a good chance most of the others will follow the leader before I can grab them. Gwawr!

Does anyone have any tips other than regular wear and tear to tighten up my decks a bit? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

LadyKathryn

slippery decks

i find that if a deck a too slipery for me... that i need to put it away. I'm not ready for it...or it is not meant for me.

Raindance

I actually like the "waterfall" effect. My cards just have that "get up and go" kind of motion. *smile*

Grizabella

I really love slippery new cards. They shuffle so nicely. Sure, sometimes they'll fly away from me, but I just pick them up and keep at it and pretty soon they're "tame" enough to quit flying away. :)