EEK spots on decks!

greatdane

I was looking through some decks and noticed both my Lenormand Oracles and my Mystical Lenormand, my fairly new Wahrsagekarten and a Bieri, have little brown, ok on closer inspection, they look more greenish, dots in the white borders and some on the edges. I don't have this on ANY other decks. I checked much older decks and nothing. I keep my Lenormands separate from my tarot decks, but none of the other Lenormands other than ones listed have this either and are treated the same.

THIS IS REALLY RECENT as in likely a couple days. I would have noticed. I use my decks a lot. I was wondering if the card stock these are printed on could be more susceptible to any change in humidity. We've had quite a bit of humidity just lately, but seems odd only these certain decks were affected and they weren't decks that were all next to each other.

I have put them in QUARANTINE. I know it is easier to notice because of their white borders, but some also have on edges, so I would think I would notice on other deck's edges whether or not they have white borders. The Flonz, which is light all over, has no problems, newer decks do.

I have two PCS Commemorative decks that are on my reading table all the time, in cases, but they're on my reading table where I often have Lenormands and not a spot on them. I don't understand how some decks can have them and older ones don't.

Has anyone else ever had this happen? If you've ever seen any dots like this on your decks, what did you do about it?

I keep my tarot decks in a canvas bag with a wax lining and some rosemary and all are just fine. NO dots. And this bag is kept on the floor. The Lenormands on a table.

Thank goodness none of my oop/expensive decks have any probs...yet.

ATers?

greatdane

I think mystery is solved....

essential oil spots....I had had just a tiny bit of oil on my hands and I believe that that made these small dots as they look like possible oil spots. JUST IN CASE....I am keeping those few decks in quarantine for now and I have washed the cloth I keep my deck on. But I think the mystery is solved and I believe it was oil that left the spots as this card stock would likely show it more. And they all have white borders. I guess I can call the hazmat team off now :)))