eight-card layout with six cards of cups (thoth-deck). I&#39m confused.

aeonx

Hi everybody.
I asked whether the tarot could tell me something about my big love (generally, not the one I'm aiming to later), and the layout I used is a typical seven-card-layout with: my home (emotionally, spiritual, material), present, relationships, hopes and wishes, what is unexpected, immediate future and fate and fortune.
The following cards appeared:
1. Prince of Cups
2. Nine of Cups
3. Knight of Cups
4. Ace of Cups
5. Four of Cups
6. Four of Wands
7. Four of Disks

To get a better overall picture, I lay one additional card, which was the Six of Cups.

At the moment I'm single. One and a half years ago I believe I met my soulmate and my love, and I have never felt so strongly about anybody before. But, he lived (still is) far away, and we drew apart. I have tried to deny it, but I love him to this very day. I realised this when I called him a couple of days ago, and found out he was engaged. All my feelings for him came right back that moment. And I haven't spoken with him in half a year. I can't figure out whether the cards are telling me to forget him or if I shouldn't give up.
What do you think?

Lilliana

Sometimes lots of cups can signify illusions and hopes. Also, sometimes if you get many cups cards in a reading it can represent times when we are only thinking with our heart and not our head.

One thing I noticed was that you have the ace of cups in the wishes/hopes position and the four of cups for what is unexpected. Maybe you are hoping and wishing too much, that you'll find a new beginning in love with this person, and consequently, you are missing out on other opportunities.

Anyway, this is just my opinion, others mayhave different interpretations.
Lilli

bec

Hi,
I have to agree with Lilly here, it seems you´re missing out on opportunities, letting potential lovers/soulmates pass by - look at immidiate future card - 4 wands, I see this as you standing outside looking at the welcome comitty, there´s a party thrown just for you, but you tend to stick to yours ( 4 of disks) not wanting to let go.

There´s defently a lot of emotions going on here, but I don´t think the cards are telling you what you wanna here.

That´s my 2-krone

aeonx

ach, love, people. can&#39t live with it and can&#39t live without it... *s*

Greetings. *s*
Hmf. I'm I bit reluctant to do this... but I think you're all right. *sigh* I think I keep passing up good oppertunities because I'm still too focused on the past. I wasn't aware I was doing this, until recently. Actually, my mom made me realise this. She said that I probably, on some subconcious level, still long for this guy I met one and a half years ago. I think the seven of cups portray my situation pretty good. (The Thoth-deck, Ziegler-interpretation.) Well, I'll try work on it. Any other thoughts?

Be blessed.

MeeWah

Agree with Lilliana.
Aside from an excess of emotional energy devoted to something (that is not concrete), it also seems to refer to a lack of realistic thinking, a self-deception. As if living in a dream world & not seeing what there is--overlooked opportunities abound!
I am most struck by the triple 4: 4-Cups, Wands, Disks, but no 4-Swords. No Swords at all, which may indicate a lack or avoidance of clear thinking especially given the nature of the query.
Using the associations you have delineated for the various positions:
1. Home/Prince-Cups: An ideal person, as in a "Prince Charming" on whom you have pinned your hopes & dreams.
2. Present/9-Cups: The "Wish Card" here, you are seeking the fulfillment of a lifetime. In so doing, you have neglected other things & denied yourself.
3. Relationships/Knight-Cups: It is as the life has been placed on hold, as if you have been waiting, saving yourself for the knight in shining armour. In so doing, opportunities for relationships have been left by the wayside; also opportunities to move onward with the life.
4. Hopes&wishes/Ace-Cups: The quest for true love. This experience may have awakened in you the need to love & to be loved--something that may not have impressed you much previously.
5. The unexpected/4-Cups: Now you know what you have been missing in the life, & you are not happy with the state of affairs. You are forced to take a good, hard look at the self & the life.
Actually, this is a good time to re-evaluate the life & the priorities instead of dwelling on might-have-beens. The areas that have been neglected would welcome attention. You may be surprised to see what you do have.
6. Immediate future/4-Wands: You may fear that what you desire most may elude you; that of "marital bliss"--it's not all a bed of roses there either! It is up to you to build constructively on your life rather than to rely on someone else to confer happiness or completion.
7. Fate&fortune/4-Disks: Empower the self. Call upon the practical aspects of self as a beginning. Stability & a foundation are within your grasp.
Knowing when to let go would be a step in the right direction. When opportunity does knock on your door, you'll be listening, & ready.
8. 6-Cups: Fond memories are one thing. Over-dwelling on the past associations that no longer exist do not give one the means to negotiate the present day life. Sometimes, in the absence of some other viable force in the life, one does not understand/know to put what no longer belongs aside. This is telling you it is alright to reminisce, to have memories--& to put it where it belongs.
The rest of your life is before you.

aeonx

Greetings.
Thanx MeeWah for that in-depth interpretation. It makes sense, and I guess I have to face reality for what it is, instead of living in the bliss of past love-memories. I'm waiting for that breathtaking and intense feeling of devotion, passion and pure love again. Ofcourse, I still hope for this, but maybe this time it will be with someone else? *s* I'll let go. Thanx to all for listening.

Be blessed.