Empress Reversed

Reverie

If she does not represent a pregnant or pregnancy related woman, then who is she? Reappearing in my readings in position 3 - which I usually interpret as a definite person.

Could it also be "lack of a woman", so not a woman?

Nova

She is like [ 3 ] cubed, she is a grandmother, She can be loud like giving advise that you had better pay attention to. She is voice/vocal. But she can be fragile too. She has a need to be protected. Just as an orchestra has to be finely taken care of, she must be kept holy in a way, Young people of strength must form a barrier around her, still her wisdom rings true. In some cases, [3] reversed is indeed an ordinary individual who plays a high grade of instrument, including a diva like voice, angelic male, a grandmother would boast about this person as well as go see a recital or theatrical presentation. I know that this SEEMS way far away from a pregnant woman, but if you sit and think about it, Grandmothers, if they are fortunate to be in a child's life, help form the individual as well, and she does not have to be biological.

rwcarter

She could be
  • the mother from hell
  • an emotionally distant woman of a certain age
  • a very dominant woman (rhymes with witch - Bette Davis and Joan Crawford both come to mind)
  • what they used to call the spinster aunt (a woman who has never married or had children)
  • a very unfeminine woman

Rodney

Sar

Someone who portiones out her love to the children. No unconditionally love.

Fostha

cutiecutie said:
If she does not represent a pregnant or pregnancy related woman, then who is she? Reappearing in my readings in position 3 - which I usually interpret as a definite person.

Could it also be "lack of a woman", so not a woman?
A really horrible bitch.
Mum,who aint interested in watching your back.
Takes great pleasure from smothering things to death.(lousy gardener,likely to drown the plants when in fact we know they should be handled with care ;) )

Reverie

Fostha said:
A really horrible bitch.

HAHA Wow I wasn't expecting you to say that Fostha! Why would anyone want an empress reversed around them then?! lol!

Reverie

rwcarter said:
*a very unfeminine woman[/list]

Rodney

I like this interpretation... :)

Fostha

cutiecutie said:
HAHA Wow I wasn't expecting you to say that Fostha! Why would anyone want an empress reversed around them then?! lol!
I wouldn't,would you. Had one like it breathing down my neck like a sniffer dog on behalf of my ex spouse.....ugh absolutely disgusting it was,I was tempted to ask her if she wanted to be took for a run round the park,could have done with the exercise meself. :p

GryffinSong

I love all the different interpretations!!!

For me, the Empress has been about creating art, and the life I want. I've never had children, so the pregnant imagery has never clicked in a literal sense. If I were to see her reversed, I'd probably interpret it as being "barren", i.e., out of creative ideas. Suffering an artistic block. Or perhaps being stuck in a non-healthy space unable to create the life/art that I want.

nisaba

"You are not the real mother of your children. Your husband has been lying to you all this time." (copyright "Inappropriate Tarot Readings")