Energy Workers And Tarot Readers

Scibility

I've been trying to figure out how to word this question,and i'm still not sure I have it right. So pardon me if it isn't clear. Lately after reading some information on energy workers, I wondered how this would translate to choosing a reader...

Usually the conversation is the other way around, and I think recently Kositjov asked a question about "bad juju". It made me really wonder. If energy workers can heal people by transforming the energy around/within a person, what happens if the workers themselves have "bad juju"/ negative energy. Would this affect the quality of the work they "deliver"?

I'd really like to know if this is ever an issue to others. At fairs, and other places, do you randomly sit for anyone, or is there ever any consideration of who is reading for you? When do you NOT sit for someone?

I ask because some people cleanse their decks, and use crystals, and purify etc before reading for themselves (or just in general). So does it matter to you if the person doing the reading has let's say a "less than bright" demeanor/aura/or whatever it's called when you are sitting for them?

I'd love to know what you think. I don't have any knowledge of Reiki etc., but would love to be enlightened about how the whole concept would relate to choosing a reader.

Hopefully someone understands what i'm trying to ask.

Milfoil

The only way I can answer this is to look at it from a general point of view. Every person, indeed every being on the planet seems to have an inbuilt 'BS detector', gut instinct, 6th sense or whatever you want to call it. Animals have a much more heightened sense and can usually weed out the damaged ones within seconds. We have that same sense but our upbringing usually either ignores it or specifically obliterates it.

A reader is human there won't be many on the planet who have got all their **** together, if they had, they wouldn't need to be here! But there are people who are on a spiritual path which requires that they self examine and try to sort themselves out. You should be able to feel the difference between someone who can read for you and have less of their own issues get in the way and someone who filters their interpretation through their own problems.

There are some really fantastic readers who have profound personal problems yet are still able to give strikingly accurate and helpful readings so I would say go with your gut, who you are drawn to and who feels ok. If your BS detector starts to tingle then walk on.

Gia

I can tell you from my perspective that I work 'in the light'. I ground myself before doing any psychic or medium work, before doing Reiki so I am protected from any negative energy or drain on my energy AND so that I can give my best energy to my client.
I have had Ren Faire readings and found myself drawn to the WRONG reader for me...her energy was VERY apparent AFTER I sat down, but I knew that I was grounded and received some interesting information about keeping myself from being affected by her 'stuff'...
As Milfoil so aptly stated...use your gut...your intuition. If the person is wrong for you, you can always walk away...or stay and learn something about yourself even in the negative. Ground yourself and surround yourself with protective white light and you won't have to fear taking away any bad 'juju'!

Scibility

A reader is human there won't be many on the planet who have got all their **** together, if they had, they wouldn't need to be here! But there are people who are on a spiritual path which requires that they self examine and try to sort themselves out. You should be able to feel the difference between someone who can read for you and have less of their own issues get in the way and someone who filters their interpretation through their own problems.

There are some really fantastic readers who have profound personal problems yet are still able to give strikingly accurate and helpful readings so I would say go with your gut, who you are drawn to and who feels ok. If your BS detector starts to tingle then walk on.
LOL. I love the way you put this Milfoil!. Right to the point, and my BS meter didn't move one bit when I read it :) I agree with your thoughts on this, but I was wondering more about the whole concept of clean heart, clean mind, and connectedness. I'm guessing that the whole Reiki concept has something to do with that. If this is something that works, how would a reader with serious prickly demeanour (you know, unbelievably grumpy, or bothered, or crabby) be able to connect with anything other than murky thoughts and interpretations.

It's like I heard someone say good morning to another person oneday, and their response was," what's so damn good about the morning". SO you can guess they would be dishing out an equivalent amount of misery all day even without ever opening their mouth... That's somehow where the thought originated , and also from the other thread about sitters with "bad juju" (which incidentally is a book!)

Scibility

I can tell you from my perspective that I work 'in the light'. I ground myself before doing any psychic or medium work, before doing Reiki so I am protected from any negative energy or drain on my energy AND so that I can give my best energy to my client.
I have had Ren Faire readings and found myself drawn to the WRONG reader for me...her energy was VERY apparent AFTER I sat down, but I knew that I was grounded and received some interesting information about keeping myself from being affected by her 'stuff'...
As Milfoil so aptly stated...use your gut...your intuition. If the person is wrong for you, you can always walk away...or stay and learn something about yourself even in the negative. Ground yourself and surround yourself with protective white light and you won't have to fear taking away any bad 'juju'!
Thanks for your insight Gia! It really helped me understand better. I was trying to figure out, okay, if people cleanse their decks, and light candles (or do other purification things for their decks), then i'm guessing for them it's important that the energy (or whatever it is called) is from a clean, and healthy sort of place. BUT suppose they go to get a reading from someone. If the person reading the cards for them isn't themselves operating from a clean and healthy place, then what. Is it the same concept? Okay, I think I just had my AHA moment. I finally got the wording right for this question...

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? I know there are loads of other people on the board who purify their decks. What are your thoughts? I'm just sort of seeking here. I don't have any preconceived ideas, I'm just hoping that someone will share some insight to help me understand this somewhat random idea I had.

DownwardSpiral

I agree with your thoughts on this, but I was wondering more about the whole concept of clean heart, clean mind, and connectedness.

Ok I hope this isn't considered off topic because this is what came to my mind reading this....Recently I had to deliver mail off another route and was given a parcel for another block by mistake.The parcel was for a Dentist Office so I stopped and dropped it off. The first thing I noticed was incense and then the Dentist? behind the counter with long hair loosely pulled up on his head. I don't recall what type of music was playing but the whole place was decorated very different. Maybe there should of been a sign that said psychic readings. It just felt really off....though I'm sure this dentist had a very holistic approach.

Then there's the dentist I've gone to who does excellent work.....but he's all business and it's not hard to pick up that his employees work in a tense enviornment.

Everyone has issues......I think Milfoil said it best to go with your "gut" instinct.

As far as "cleansing" decks I think people do that to get rid of OTHER peoples energy as well as burning incense etc. to protect them more so than to create a negative-free environment.

Disa

I think everyone's already given great answers.

One thing that stood out to me was this:

A clean heart, a clean mind, and connectedness?

Just because a reader may have said, "what's so damned good about the morning" doesn't necessarily mean that once they sit down to read, they haven't gotten over that feeling in that moment. We can't all be angels at every moment we are awake :) We still live life, have other obligations and responsibilities, worry about bills, kids, family, etc- but once we sit down to read we should be able to leave all that behind and focus on the reading, yes?

I have only had 3 actual professional readings-at psychic fairs. I did not sit for the readers whose energy I felt was contrary to mine. I did realize after I sat down that one of the readers was a little to flighty for my liking, but her energy was still good- too positive in my opinion, but that's just me. I prefer readers who are honest, open, and to the point- not the ones who sugar coat everything just to appease me.

I don't cleanse my decks, I like their energy. Any incense or candles I light are just to make me feel better doing a reading-to sort of set the mood for me.

I don't think another reader's energy can affect me because I don't take it with me. As far as bad juju. I guess if you are open to receiving it, it's possible you might. But that's really when your BS meter should have kicked in and you hit the road before it got to that point.

Scibility

As far as "cleansing" decks I think people do that to get rid of OTHER peoples energy as well as burning incense etc. to protect them more so than to create a negative-free environment.

Thanks a million DownwardSpiral. Very Clear. I wasn't asking the question to determine what to do personally. I was just really curious about the reason and concept behind the whole energy part of it. Thanks for the clear answer. greatly appreciated.

Scibility

I don't cleanse my decks, I like their energy. Any incense or candles I light are just to make me feel better doing a reading-to sort of set the mood for me.

I don't think another reader's energy can affect me because I don't take it with me. As far as bad juju. I guess if you are open to receiving it, it's possible you might. But that's really when your BS meter should have kicked in and you hit the road before it got to that point.
LOL! you're really funny Disa! :grin: Thanks for explaining that. I learned something from all the answers everyone gave. It's not the sort of question you could directly ask someone without them feeling like they were being judged, so it's great to be able to post it on the board and get feedback from people who actually practice that way, or understand how it works for them. I'm the kind of person that is pretty open-minded, so I like to hear how other people think even if it seems quite different to what i've previously known. Like they say Life is a school, and there's a whole lot of learning outside of the classroom too :) Thanks again everyone. I learned something new today. Have a great week.