English Oracle Deck...

jrr01

Does anyone know of any English Language Oracle Deck's...?

How easy are the The Parlour Sibyl to use...? Thnaks

Gavriela

There are lots of English language oracle decks. Most of them, I daresay, but lots are like the Doreen Virtue stuff, or fairies and angels.

The Parlour Sibyl reads much, much better once you throw away the LWB that comes with it.

Lenormands don't use language at all, so that's one you could do, there are people who like the Gypsy Witch, which is like an American 52-card sibilla (though I think it's ugly, and it's now being printed on gunky laminate).

The Piatnik Gypsy cards and various others like the Art Deco, and one of Modiano's sibillas have multi-language or no titles at all, so those are contenders, too.

And there are lots of playing card decks and books out there, too.

jrr01

True

I want to get the The Parlour Sibyl, but I have been reading that those cards have upto 3 meanings... for each cards... and the The Parlour Sibyl are so hard to find...

But thanks alot...

Gavriela

You can find them at Alidastore or R Somerville, and if you live in America, I think House of Tarot - all online.

They've more than three meanings each - you read sibillas in combinations. So it isn't so much one card alone, as that card, whether it's upright or reversed, and the cards next to it.

It takes a lot of practise, but it does make a great deal of sense once you get the hang of it, and the pictures help a lot. It's the combinations that make the cards so accurate, I think.

Say, for instance, you got the Message card. So you'd want to know what the message would be about - and the next cards came up the Thief and the House, for instance. The news would probably be about a family member's house being broken into. That's a fairly simplistic take, and wouldn't mean the same thing as it would in, say, a love reading (where it'd be more somebody's heart that got stolen), but the cards do work on a lot of levels - but you need to pay attention to what you're seeing.

jrr01

Thanks

Thanks alot on your advice... :)