Experiences with Sugilite?

lassieceit

I know there have been other Sugilite threads, but I'd like to go a different direction. People have talked of the many situations it has helped them out in. What I would like to know is: How does it feel to you, energetically?

I am very drawn to Sugilite, like a moth to flame, however, it is very strong for me. It itches my hands, and when I wear it as a pendant, it brings all my energy heavily into my chest. I have had to moderate it by wearing other stones which spread the energy out, like black tourmaline to bring the energy down; moonstone and labradorite, for their balance of energies; and iolite, bringing the energy up as well. I even threw in a piece of butter amber, which just always makes life a little nicer, and picks off some of the negative energy. However, I'm thinking there might be a better stone to help balance it with me, and I'm open to sugestions!

Has anyone had an adverse reaction to Sugilite, or a similar experience to mine? I know some people just can't tolerate certain stones, for instance, I can't wear opal, it just drains me. The difference this time is that I am drawn to it so much that I know I'm supposed to use it. I just have to figure out how!

Looking forward to your answers......

tarotbear

Adverse?

I do have a smal sugilite pyramid about 1/2" on a side. One day I decided to meditate with it on my third eye and lay down with a headband to hold it in place -- and fell asleep! Big Mistake!

When I woke up I felt as though I was floating about 5 inches above the floor - all day. :bugeyed: Immediately after leaving work I drove to the closest New Age shop and bought a chunk of smokey quartz and drove all the way home holding it in one hand to ground myself out! :bugeyed:

Sulis

I wear a sugilite pendant - it's very dark with purple stripes. I find it very grounding, not sure how I'd react to a more bright purple one.

Love

Sulis xx

catlin

I have a small sugilite pendant but don't realize any negative effects when I wear it.

lassieceit

My experience update with Sugilite

I appreciate all those who have posted to this thread. Tarotbears's post was especially interesting. This appears to be a very powerful stone!

I believe I figured out why it makes my hands itch. I went to do some acupuncture, and in the process, my hands itched like when I wore the stone, and when I was done, I had more strength in my hands. I think it's just activating those areas that are sluggish. I still have to wear extra stones when I wear Sugilite, but it doesn't really make my hands itch any more.

This is a cool stone, but a little overwhelming! All I can say is, if a person has body imbalances, be cautious in your use of this stone!