Extra card in a deck?

LIPG

So Yesterday I bought "healing with the angels" oracle deck by Doreen Virtue. The box and cards were sealed with plastic. When I opened it, I counted all the cards as I always do to make sure that they are all there. This deck contains 44 cards but I counted 45 so I count again and again and keep getting the same number. As I was going through each card I realized that there are two of the same cards called "blessings"-which is even better lol. I tried to research online to see if this has ever happened to anyone but did not find any info at all, even on tarot or other oracle decks. So my question is: has this ever happened to any of you? Is this deck considered rare or special because of the extra card? I appreciate your responses:)

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, LIPG!

A misprinted card in a deck could make it more valuable. But having a duplicate card in a deck makes it as valuable as not having a duplicate card in a deck.

Some will see the duplicate card as carrying a special message though. Because if you think about it, of all the people who could've gotten that particular deck, you were the one to get it.

Obsydian

Haha, accidents do happen in deck production!
I'd take it as a good sign, and if it were me, that extra card would have a special spot near my bed or on my shrine space, or some place you personally hold dear.
We can all use extra blessings!

LIPG

Thanks guys. This never happened to me and it's interesting that I got this double card because I am in the middle of a very important change and I was hesitant about my decisions even though all my readings regarding this said"new exciting beginnings, positive change, abundance" and so on so I guess this was a sign from my guides basically saying:"now do you get it?!!" Lol

Clockwork Ghost

Quite a few of the decks I own have come with extra cards, though not usually reprints of cards in the deck. An example of this is the borderless Deviant Moon - it comes with a demon card and two cards from other decks produced by the same artist. Some decks come with alternate copies of cards, such as the Kaos Deck I'm eagerly waiting for, and the Thoth deck (from memory).

Alta

That sounds like a lovely card to get two of, plus it seems like good timing.

I have a smallish collection of extra cards like that, and I always wonder if someone else got short-changed. :( Plus as mentioned above, some tarot deck creators add extra cards for fun or because they wanted to express something they felt was not covered in the 78.

littlethings

I haven't experienced having an additional card to a deck, but I have had a few decks that had doubles of one card and none of another. I like your way better :)

celticnoodle

Welcome to A.T., LIPG. What a lovely card to get an extra one of. I'd say, you are TRULY Blessed! :D

This happens a lot. With my Robin Wood deck that I was gifted, I received 2 extra cards. I had an extra WoF--the one card in tarot that I never could stand. I just don't like that card. I also got an extra card that was blank. All white--which is also fairly common in decks. I use that for my blessing card and I keep the extra WoF in the deck too, whenever I read for people.