fairies or angels - which one is more 'grown up'?

BrightEye

now that i've bought the mermaids and dolphins by doreen virtue, i want more!

i'm thinking of healing with the angels or healing with the fairies. which one has the nicer artwork (i've seen samples here on AT but can't decide)? and which one is more 'grown up'?

Joermit

Hello... I don't own either, but I have a close friend who gives wonderful readings with the Healing with Angels cards... she's worked with those cards for years and I know they've been a great help to her... she also read in the metaphysical store I manage and had quite of following of people who really enjoyed (and paid for!) her angel readings... I know she has given me great guidance in the past and I don't hesitate to see her should I need a reading....

I posted in a previous thread this link:

http://www.consciousone.com/c1cards/

you can actually use the Healing with the Angels cards and get a three card reading... might help you get a sense for it... enjoy...

Joey

BrightEye

thanks, Joey.

i must have known you would suggest the angels deck because i've bought it already and am really amazed. of all the doreen virtue decks i own this is the best.

a_shikhs

I have both the decks and love them. Though I find Healing With the Angels more powerful, even the fairies one is awesome. Infact I did a reading with it last night, and was quite amazed at the cards I got. They were just so right.

Have you checked her new deck - Saints and Angels?? Its beautiful. :)

BrightEye

a_shikhs said:
Have you checked her new deck - Saints and Angels?? Its beautiful. :)
i've seen pictures but i haven't seen it on sale here yet.

re her books: i've been looking at angels and goddesses, have you read that? i'm thinking of buying it for my summer holiday reading.

shadowdancer

well, this is a strange one for me. I have the Mermaids, Angels and Fairies sets but I never use them. I love the art work - without a doubt it is stunning. However, I feel they are a little too 'fluffy and cutesy' if that makes sense? I do like the simplicity and clarity of what is associated with each card, and can see and understand why they can offer accurate and insightful readings.

So why is it I am never drawn to use them? Whenever I use an oracle set, it is 90% of the time my Medicine cards, and maybe 10% of the time my Sacred Path cards.

Taking this into account I have considered many times to trade them but as yet I can't bring myself to part with them - go figure that one out. I think it is just purely the art work that has stopped me doing so.
I am sure one day I will do so. There is coming a time where I will have to downsize ready for a potentially big house move (as in to the other side of the world)

Davina

BrightEye

we were discussing something like this in another thread. why do we feel so drawn to doreen virtue's decks? sometimes i don't even like the art work, but i think i've found the answer:

BrightEye said:
i think i now know why i'm so drawn to these decks. i had a dream the other night about my guide/goddess. a very healing and loving dream.

today i bought the healing with the angels deck and one card in there, 'healing', looks and feels exactly like what happened in the dream. two women, one with angel wings and the other one asleep with her head in the angel/woman's lap. the angel/woman is fondling the other one's hair. my dream was almost exactly like the picture.

this is the deck i most connect with. i've never felt a connection like that with other oracle decks. very strange all this.