Fairy Tale (Hunt) Six of Wands

DragonFae

I love the Six of Wands...Fighting a dragon...

The card shows the Prince fighting a dragon while the Princess looks on from the background. She stands with hands folded awaiting the outcome of the struggle.

Wands: (Fire: action, energy, passion)

Fire: Things are moving and changing.

Six: Shows a path the seeker shall tread

Six of Wands (general): Good News, Success, Victory, Helpful Friends

Six of Wands (Fairy Tale Tarot): Victory, Success, Triumph "Victory is at Hand."

Fairy Tale: The Prince and the Dragon, After a long journey and many hardships, the Prince fights the dragon for many days before his victory.

The card speaks of change in a positive direction. Success after the stuggle. To me this can be internal (a person who overcomes some struggle be it....problems self esteem, doubt, or seeking inner peace) or external getting a promotion after hard work etc..

It is the result of a path taken....a path with trials and tribulations. Not an easy walk but one that is now nearing an end. A Victory. It is a reward for hard work and cunning. For the Prince didn't just fight the dragon with strength but with intelligence, luring the Princess to the shore to watch and being rewarded with her hand in marriage. This speaks of the fire aspect...action, energy, passion...a drive and a focus!

Genna

Thank you so much for the informative and insightful description!
My first thought on seeing the card was "poor dragon". That prince looks wild, mad, full of courage, laughing as he chokes the beast. On the other hand, the princess is very lovely and in need of saving. The dragon will not last long... A very positive card to get in a reading if you are the prince. But what if you are the dragon, or the damsel in distress? There are other ways to see this card if you read intuitively...

DaisyDragonfly

Dragonfae: I like the way you've pulled together the fairy tale reading and the 'traditional' 6/Wands reading. :)

Genna: just what I was thinking! Poor dragon. I suppose this fairy tale reminds us that for somebody else to win, somebody else must lose. I guess the card can act as a warning: what do you have to do to make sure you end up on the winning side? 'Cos you might not like what happens if you lose...

For intuitive readers, these cards (and fairy tales) are gifts. (I suppose they all are, but still...) :D

Surja76

Looking at Dragon hands we can see 4 fingers on his right hand (4 of swords) + 3 fingers on his left hand (3 of swords).
He is heartbreaker who take others hearts and close them in the net of his swamp like a prisoner.

He broken heat of this girl when he hidden her in these waters.

This young guy joined with Dragon in order to make this girl free. They looks like the STRENGTH card. Heracles who tries to overcome this Dragon. It is phisical coupling in order to dominate and win this animal. This means that under 6 of wands, people will face situations in their life that will require them to additional forces, as well as mental stress. Man will receive challenge from the fate he should overcome.

6 of wands belongs to the 6 Major Arcanum - the LOVERS. It is the choice, struggle in which the only one will be the winner.

This girl is staying in water she is Queen of Cups. She is fulfilled with love and feelings. it is struggle for the love of this girl.
Sure her heart and her feelings on the side of this young guy and he should not fall face in the dirt, he must prove he is worthy of glory.

6 of wands it is the card of ambitions in public. A young guy would be the best in the eyes of the girl, he must get her approval. He draws her attention.
The same as any music or movie star should be the best in eyes of his fans.
6 of wands is the card of popularity.

At the same time 6 of wands is the card of not lonely victory. If he is alone on the ring face to face to his competitor his victory will not be full without support of others. This girl looks like the girl from the Support Group of any football team. She worries about him, she supports him.

The same any sportsman will be more powerful if on the balcony his friends and his family will come to see and worry, keep him.
Under 6 of wands any person should have a faith in victory and that he was not alone, he has a reliable shoulder of his friends or family, who will support him in his struggle.

DragonFae

Yes, there are many aspects of the card if you consider the dragon but I based what I felt about the card on not just the card itself but the tale...the dragon holds the key to "releasing" or freeing the Princes's brothers...the dragon does represent "strength" as the old lady asks..."Oh mighty dragon, where do you get your strength from?" and he answers my strength is with the dragon in the lake...which the Prince goes to fight.

So to me...the dragon can represent inner turmoils or external ones...but it is something that must be wrestled with and defeated before victory. The dragon doesn't actually "die" it changes into a boar, then a hare, then a pigeon, and last a sparrow which is eventually released. I also feel like the dragon is transformed by the act of wrestling with the Prince...so for example:

If representing "inner turmoils" the dragon is made smaller and more managable, fears diminish, change or become softer or gentler...and in the end the fears (or whatever emotion) actually ends up helping...just as the Sparrow helped the Prince in the end. So the emotion or inner turmoil is really neither good or bad...it just is....and it helps the person change....and in turn it changes also.

If representing a person or external sitation, basically the same premise applies...whoever or whatever it is...must be dealt with. The importance or the power they HAVE over the issue diminishes...changes... and a lesson can be learned from them/it.

PS: In the book's tale...the princess is not being held captive by the dragon, she is part of the princes's cunning plan...so I suppose in that sense he is "using her" for his own means. hmmm

LisaHuntArt

DragonFae said:
Yes, there are many aspects of the card if you consider the dragon but I based what I felt about the card on not just the card itself but the tale...the dragon holds the key to "releasing" or freeing the Princes's brothers...the dragon does represent "strength" as the old lady asks..."Oh mighty dragon, where do you get your strength from?" and he answers my strength is with the dragon in the lake...which the Prince goes to fight.

So to me...the dragon can represent inner turmoils or external ones...but it is something that must be wrestled with and defeated before victory. The dragon doesn't actually "die" it changes into a boar, then a hare, then a pigeon, and last a sparrow which is eventually released. I also feel like the dragon is transformed by the act of wrestling with the Prince...so for example:

If representing "inner turmoils" the dragon is made smaller and more managable, fears diminish, change or become softer or gentler...and in the end the fears (or whatever emotion) actually ends up helping...just as the Sparrow helped the Prince in the end. So the emotion or inner turmoil is really neither good or bad...it just is....and it helps the person change....and in turn it changes also.

If representing a person or external sitation, basically the same premise applies...whoever or whatever it is...must be dealt with. The importance or the power they HAVE over the issue diminishes...changes... and a lesson can be learned from them/it.

PS: In the book's tale...the princess is not being held captive by the dragon, she is part of the princes's cunning plan...so I suppose in that sense he is "using her" for his own means. hmmm

This is an excellent interpretation of the card. Thinking about this more in depth, the dragon can be seen as the uncontrolled shadow, the aspect of our psyches that if not addressed properly and assimilated into the conscious fore, can rise out of the water and consume us with defeat. Rather, by facing the dragon head on and eventually assisting its transformation into the free-flying swallow, the dragon as shadow is put into the right balance--where continued inner and spiritual growth will be allowed to flourish. And in terms of the story, everyone is freed and can continue with their life journeys.

Great thoughts, everyone. I am so amazed at how multi-dimensional these stories and card interpretations can be. It's wonderfully endless!

Moonson

i pulled this card yesterday in the moorning, and the first thing that came to my mind was: determination, because if someone is planing to fight a dragon that must take looots of determination, And fear (only got the fear part later by looking better at the card..), because if you look at the dragon's face he seems terrified, like he is thinking "how has this insignificant human got here??"

After reading the tale, i got to see how he defeated the dragon, he used his brain! - like DragonFae said with inteligence he managed to not kill, but control the beast. So it reveals one person needs to be resorcefull, need to have a plan before going to our battles.

Finally reading the posts, i really agree with DragonFae when she says: "the dragon can represent inner turmoils or external ones...but it is something that must be wrestled with", because sometimes we must fight against our inner dragons to win the day!!

Genna

I agree with you Moonson and DragonFae, unfortunately I´m not good enough at fighting my inner dragons. I´ll let this card inspire me.
I also agree with what you Moonson is saying about having a plan. It really makes the difference.