Fears as Wands

curly

Hey All,

im really getting stuck on this arrrggghhh! following up from my thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=138857

and i must do what thirteen says by laying out the four of wands and asking the cards why? and i'll get to that later!

but guys n girls, im confused, in the spread if wands came out as fears, say i got the 8 of wands, ( the energetic speedy communication card) does this mean that whatever question the querent asked, as 8 of wands came out as their fears.................. does that mean that the querent fears that there will be no communication ............... ???? !!!! ???? or does the querent fear that the communication will be too fast and swift that it is over in a flash......... back to no communication.....???? !!!! ????

this is driving me nuts aarrggghhh! please help me im getting more confused the more i think about it! ha ha (doesnt take much more)

thanks

Fostha

curly said:
Hey All,

im really getting stuck on this arrrggghhh! following up from my thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=138857

and i must do what thirteen says by laying out the four of wands and asking the cards why? and i'll get to that later!

but guys n girls, im confused, in the spread if wands came out as fears, say i got the 8 of wands, ( the energetic speedy communication card) does this mean that whatever question the querent asked, as 8 of wands came out as their fears.................. does that mean that the querent fears that there will be no communication ............... ???? !!!! ???? or does the querent fear that the communication will be too fast and swift that it is over in a flash......... back to no communication.....???? !!!! ????

this is driving me nuts aarrggghhh! please help me im getting more confused the more i think about it! ha ha (doesnt take much more)

thanks
Could simply be that the querent realises rather swiftly why communication even started in the first place,but I'll take a closer look at the spread anyway to see if it'll make me think differently.:)

omnislashed

I think rather than the querant being afraid of no communication (to use your Eight of Wands example), they'd be afraid of the rapidity and intensity of the communication ... Perhaps something coming on too abruptly. Maybe the querant would be an introverted type, somebody who prefers to weigh and consider their words before speaking, and feels a bit overwhelmed when they're forced to make an immediate choice or action.

Or, rather than describing the speed of communication, their fears could relate to the energy of the communication -- a hot storm, burning throughout the hypothetical encounter. Maybe the querant is a laid-back, "tamer" sort, who prefers maintaining communication at a steady, gradual momentum. The Eight of Wands doesn't really have the patience for that.

Thirteen

Fear of Speed

8/Wands isn't just speedy communications. Wands are actions. Any and all actions. So we're talking speedy everything and anything. It's simply the fear--and a very common one at that, that things are moving too fast. That we've put something in motion and are no longer feel in control...or are having second thoughts and don't know how to slow things down or put on the breaks.

You also have to take into consideration the "fear" position. Fears include what is happening that you're afraid of, but also fears of what "might" happen.

So even if you're asking about communications, this card as a "fear" simply says that you fear things "might" or are already moving along too fast. And in an age of the internet, that's a very common fear. You hit that "send" button and it's too late. You may well wonder, "Did I send that off too fast? Should I have waited another week? Should I have re-read and re-written it? Maybe I shouldn't have been so hasty...." Or it could be a fear of what "might" happen. Like if you get a certain response: "Yes, let's do it now...." Are you prepared for that? What if you're not? How do you slow things down?

By the way, that "fear" position. Are you doing a Celtic Cross? Because if you are, that position usually indicates "hopes and fears" not just "fears."

rwcarter

Thirteen said:
By the way, that "fear" position. Are you doing a Celtic Cross? Because if you are, that position usually indicates "hopes and fears" not just "fears."
Good point that most people forget. There is an "and" in that position, so the card should be interpreted as hopes and then as fears.

In the example of the 8W, John asks Sally to go out on a date with him. She says she'll get back to him. He hopes to hear from her quickly, but he also fears hearing from her cause she might say No.

Rodney