Feedback from readers who have worked with Diary of a Broken Soul Tarot

sacredashes

Before being mistaken for an exclusive discussion, I would like to clarify what I am hoping to get out of this discussion. I am in the midst of writing the LWB for the Diary of a Broken Soul tarot.

In the past, I have come across comments like the deck is too dark (brightness and contrast not content theme) or that the images are too small. In reworking the images for this print, I am enlarging a lot of the cards so the images are easier to read and the cards won't come off too dark to see under dim lighting. these are things that I read here and have the chance to rectify about the Diary.

I would like to find out from readers who have worked with the deck before, how did the deck worked for you and what would you find helpful from the LWB? The Diary never really came with explanations except for the online LWB which was written by shadowdancer (a fellow member of this forum. ((hugs!!))) but I do receive emails occasionally asking for insight into certain cards.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated and I will try to use as much of it in writing the content for this deck.

Thank you in advance.. :x

Ash

P.S: Please keep the comments as objective and constructive as possible so I can work on things that are

shadowdancer

Hi Ash :)

Well, I have used the deck and found if you are prepared to focus and look at the card, you can get a lot of info & value. It is a deck that is in no way superficial, and does beg to be given due attention if it is to reveal what it is capable of.

One thing I think would be useful (due to it being different to the traditional tarot decks) is perhaps some bullet points of key items shown in the cards.

E.g. - significance of upturned chalices on the 7 of hearts.
E.g - significance of shadow character on background of 3 of hearts.

Understanding the significance of key aspects really does add to the understanding of the 'whole' if that makes sense. Maybe also some compare/contrast points to RWS for those who know that system. But understanding where those images came from and their significance to you at that time of your life is going to be enlightening for sure.

Stay happy

Davina

Alta

I agree with Davina. Diary came from an emotional and deeply imaginative part of yourself. I do not think that tarot readers in general need or even want detailed explanations, but sometimes guideposts to help them when the imagery gets very intense.

A lot of what you drew seems to me to have been like shorthand to express ideas and emotions but was very personal to you. If you could draw some things out into the wider world a bit I think it would help others get the most out of your world as created in this deck. Sort of like very detailed fantasy novels have 'keys' to help readers keep things straight.

xx Alta

sacredashes

Hi Davina And Alta 😊

Yes, the book will give more explaination about the imagery and since I am editing the images as well, I do hope it will complement the cards withoit imposing on the readers' interpretation of the cards.

I had a short mentorship under Sandra Thomson many years ago and one of the first things she told me to do was throw away the LWB! I was horrified at first but taking that step did open up doors in so many ways.

Thabk you for taking the time to answer to my post. Appreciate it always 😘

Ash