finding astrology again

sarai21

Hello there-
I have been watching this forum for a while and have gained a huge amount of info about astrology.
I am currently going through a stage of finding( refinding?) my belief system again.
At one time I lived by astrology. I had a huge amount of knowlege and intuition with regards to readings and people. For some reason that escapes me, it all just fell by the wayside. Recently I have been trying to get back into astrology, and I just can't seem to find the same sort of instinctive knowlege I had before. I read huge amounts of material and trawl through forums such as this, but I can't seem to add it all together in one cohesive "aha" moment when I look at a chart. I can't even read my own without losing my train of thought ( I sound like I'm talking through a hole in my head when I try to interpret for other people...). Can anyone please tell me where I might find a hint of this in my own chart- how long whatever phenomenon is inflencing me might last? Do I start in the 9th house or is communication (with myself) somehow afflicted?
Any sort of feedback will help!
Thanks-
Feb 5, 1973
5:47 am
49N16 123W07

paradoxx

you might be in for a jolt of intuition, your ruling planet Uranus (as you are aquariuan) is going to be going stationary direct on the 14th in pisces, while pisces ruler neptune is already direct in aquarius.

intuiton and practicality will come together these next few weeks, take a walk down by the water or just listen to the trees rustle, little things like that will keep your higher senses active.

dadsnook2000

A new piece of information about SIGNS

The following Internet connection contains a nice theory about what signs are, how they are formed, and what may give them their qualities and attributes. List members may want to check this out. Dave

http://users.snowcrest.net/sunrise/aharmsign.htm

einhverfr

I often say that astrology is a discipline more than anything else. Often it is important to have a careful methodology by which you go about making conclusions (Horary astrology is great at enforcing this btw). When I read a birth chart I start with some things and work my way towards others. Here is my methodology, but you can and should develop your own.

When I calculate, I make notes of the following things: Fixed star connections, mutual reception, essential and accidental dignity, and the like.

I start with the ascendant, and the house/sign positions of the Sun and the Moon. Then I look at their rulers, and how these three points and their rulers are dignified. After this, I do a house-by-house analysis of the chart looking at planets in the house, the ruler of the house cusp, how they relate to the ruler of the Ascendant, and any other essential dignities related. Dignities include rulerships, exaltations, falls, detriments, and mutual receptions (for MR, I require that both planets either be in exaltations or both be in ruling signs of the other-- I do not mix exaltations and ruling signs).

Next I look at overall "energy flow" through the chart. I sum this up by saying that energy is generated in the squares (primarily) and oppositions (secondarily) and that these find outlets in the trines and sextiles. So a planet which has two hard aspects and a soft aspect becomes a transition point.

Once I get through this, if I want to be thorough, I look to the Arabic Parts noted by Bonatti. Of not, I then consider those parts to be available if I need them for specific questions that the native might ask.

Finally, I don't like the saying that the stars impell rather than compell. I think that thinking of the stars as forces that act on us whether this is something we can change or not is problematic. Instead I see the stars as abstract potentials that will manifest in our lives, though often we can choose the manifestation.

wizzle

One way to re-capture your feel for your own chart is to do some progressions for the important events in your life. It's one way of seeing new features rather than staring hopelessly at your own natal chart. Try looking at aspects of your progressed chart to your natal chart. You'll have lots of stuff to ponder.

I can't quite see Uranus as the ruler of your chart. I have you with a Capricorn ascendent and saturn strongly aspecting both lights so I'll go with Saturn as your ruler. As you know, it is in square to your moon which is also semi-square to Jupiter. And as the square is in the mutable signs, I think that might be the key to your fluctuations, so watch the moon in your progressed chart carefully.

For some reason I used Koch houses for you rather than Placidius. Can't tell you why, but you might want to look at this yourself.