Finding it so hard to read

Pollianna

I have been reading Tarot for as long as I can remember. When I was a lot younger I remember how they fascinated me and was always amazed at their accuracy. However I'm finding them increasingly difficult to read. I have proberly had the worse year one could possibly ever have and it's just not getting any better. First I lose my father on the 12th January while he was still In India, then my son is murdered on the 12 Feb. Now we are leaving another country and job as the present employers were so unsupportive to us we felt that we could no longer work for such an unethical company. We are returning to the UK to look for work etc and thankfully friends are putting us up for now as accommodation is usually provided for via work. I'm wondering if i'm putting up some mental block as I don't want to see anymore bad news. To make matters worse now my sons ex girlfriend has decided to stop me seeing my grandchildren for absolutley no reason. Ive always loved my tarot and oracles but it's now getting so frustrating, I can't seem to read anything clear........ any help much appreciated

callistoluna

Dear Pollianna,

You have had a rough year - and it's not even half over yet! I am very sorry to hear of your losses and I can only imagine what that must be like. In answer to your question I often find that if I am under stress or in a lot of pain I have a hard time focusing on the cards and what they say to me. I think this is why you are having trouble. At the moment you are stressed and grieving and things are keeping your mind working overtime. There's no room to let the inner mind relax and see.

I suggest trying some meditation or something else you love doing that will relax you before reading the cards. And don't worry, it may take time but you'll get your mojo back!!

Alta

Pollianna, I think that anyone would have trouble focusing with so much that is negative going on in your life. That is a huge amount of stress and I can well believe that reading the cards would be extremely difficult.

Maybe just give yourself a break.

xx Alta

tarotbear

In times of incredible stress I never read the cards - for me or anyone else. Stress is an incredible distraction.

When my first partner was dying, I did not go near the cards during his illness, and for a long time afterwards. Watching someone die will obliterate all your objectivity. There was no sense in asking about his condition - it was terminal. "Don't ask a question if you are not ready to accept the answer." To answer someone's question about something petty would have put me over the edge.

No. If you feel you cannot read at this time, then walk away and let it rest.

Sinduction

I, too, was going to suggest meditation. I meditate daily and in times of increased stress, I meditate as much as I can. It really does help me gain clarity and get out of my head. However, I'm really wondering if you are still grieving, as I would suppose you still should be. Allow yourself to grieve. I gave myself so much time each day to grieve after I lost someone very dear to me. I was a mess for a month before I realized I was still here and had to go on. I would allow myself 10 minutes to scream, cry, beat up my pillow, etc. And after that I made myself find joy in something. I started with a song that always lifted me up. Even though I would still sob my way through it, I could still feel the stirring of joy in my belly. The more I did this, the more my feeling of joy would grow.

It's been 2 years since I lost my love. I cried myself through the anniversary of his death and the next day, I was seeking joy again. I wouldn't worry about tarot or oracles until you feel that you want them again. Much love to you. I can't imagine what you're going through. But you are still here and you deserve to be. You still deserve joy.

Pollianna

Thank you for your replies.

I know i'm not grieving properly as can't accept what has happened and I have the trial coming up. I think I will take up your advice on meditation to bring some kind of peace and order. Once again thanks.

starrystarrynight

(((Pollianna)))

Emily

Thank you for your replies.

I know I'm not grieving properly as can't accept what has happened and I have the trial coming up. I think I will take up your advice on meditation to bring some kind of peace and order. Once again thanks.

Please don't be too hard on your son's ex-girlfriend, she is probably hurting as much as you. You lost your son and she lost the father to her children. People grieve in different ways and stopping you from seeing your grandkids could be a type of coping mechanism for her. Good luck for the trial.

((((((Pollianna )))))