Finding out someones sign with tarot?

AmethystEyes

Wasnt sure which section to put this in...
Could you use the tarot cards to find out someones sign?
Like ask and whatever card comes us its astrological affiliation with that card would be that sign for them?
Am I making sense? lol

Minderwiz

Yes you could, within limits.

Firstly you need to be clear about 'sign' in this context. I think it would only work in three possible circumstance, and one of these is almost redundant The first is Sun sign and the large majority of people know this, unless they are born close to a cusp. The other two are Ascendant and Moon signs.

There are Astrological correspondences between signs and Cards but some of these relate to planets, you could use the latter as planetary rulers of signs. This could still leave a large number of cards without 'meaning' though there are clearly ways around that - using only the majors for example would be an obvious one.

Another method might be to work by elements and modes. Use the cards to determine whether it's Fire, Earth, Air or Water. Then try to identify whether it's Cardinal (Action) Fixed (Staying Power) or Mutable (Change).

This would leave two problems. The first is verifiability. There's no way that you can test the spread/method unless you try it first on people who do know their signs. And even then you are not sure whether that knowledge effects the outcome.

The second is that it would not give the degree placement in the sign. Though you might try refining that using the other cards. Again the issue of verifiability would crop up.

I would imagine a good reader would get a very good success rate but would they get anywhere near 100%?

Kibeth

You could try and give a guess. Then ask the tarot if you got it right with a YES/NO spread.

When you've guessed, ask the Tarot: "is X's sign this?", shuffle the cards, pull out the cards one-by-one, till you've got either

a) an Ace

or

b) 13 cards

whichever comes first, lay the stack down, start afresh and count 1-13 and lay down second stack if you encounter an Ace or counted 13. Do three stacks.

3 Aces = affirmative, you got it right
2 Aces = maybe, but *remaining 1 card explain the bit of problem"
1 Ace = probably not, because *remaining 2 cards explain why not*
0 Ace = definitely not, because *the 3 cards explain why not*

Once I asked if I was a Virgo rising and got three affirmatives. And of course, today I found out it was correct! :)

Minderwiz

Trouble is that the Universe is likely to give up responding after two or three wrong guesses LOL.

Kibeth

Then you could still glean information from the non-Aces, I guess. :(

IDK, I got a cheerful 'yes yes yes' the first try and didn't repeat. A proper thing to have done woulda been to ask the cards 4 times more in my experiment and if we still get Aces for all the stacks, it'd prove this sorta thing -science?- is repeatable.