Finding something lost?

MizuBunny

Is there a spread that can help one find something he/she lost? I was wondering if I could even make a spread like that. I suppose it has it's possibilities.
If I come up with an effective spread i'll be sure to post it here. n_~
In the meantime what do you think about it?

firecatpickles

I recently did the Celtic Cross to help a colleague at work find (or find out what happened to) an envelope of school picture money. I used the International Icon Tarot. They told me there had been an "accidental" theft but it would show up. The night crew custodial staff bring their small children with them when they clean, and one inadvertently spirited it away... I told her it would be brought back.

The next morning it was in her staff mailbox...

Some highlights: 5. Crown = High priestess, 6. Before = Page of Swords, 7. Basis = Justice, rev., 10. Outcome = World

KK
:T2S

MizuBunny

Wow

That's just amazing to me =) Good story.

nodntap

MizuBunny said:
Is there a spread that can help one find something he/she lost? I was wondering if I could even make a spread like that. I suppose it has it's possibilities.
If I come up with an effective spread i'll be sure to post it here. n_~
In the meantime what do you think about it?

You Lost It

I have no idea if the following works. If you try it and it does work let me know.

You have lost something but don't know where. Take a piece of paper and write down all the possible places where you might have lost the item. To the list make sure you add a couple of unlikely places as well as a 'The Tarot Doesn't Know' line.

Count the number of lines/places with additions and create a spread. I went with 3 cards across and continued down with 3-cards, and so on for the example. But use whatever layout you'd like.

Example: "Where is my big Thoth deck?"

Garage .. Bedroom ..... Living Room
Desk .... Dining Room . Gone Forever
Outside . My Truck .... Tarot Doesn't Know

Note: I have not been able to find my big Thoth deck since I moved to Arizona at the end of 2004. The only reason the deck is of importance to me is because my youngest son Eric gave it to me as a X-MAS gift.

Now shuffle and cut your cards as normal. Start dealing out cards 'face up' - dealing one card onto each stack, and then moving on to the next stack. Go back to the first stack if necessary and continue to deal out cards onto each stack in turn until an ACE shows up. If there are no cards under the ACE continue to deal out cards until you deal out an ACE and there is at least one card under it.

Once you have an ACE with at least one card under it you have two possible options as to where to look for the lost/missing item.

1.) Check the location of the position where the ACE showed up.
2.) Read the card or cards under the ACE to see what they can tell you.

In my example I got the Ace of Pentacles under 'Desk'. But under the AoP was the 10 of Cups. So my big Thoth deck might be in my desk somewhere [spread position/location] or someone in my family has/had it [10oC]. It ain't in my current desk - but was in my old desk when I lived in California. But it's very possible my oldest son had it and tossed it when Pat and I moved.

Note: If you get an Ace on an Ace .... ???? I'd probably deal out more cards on top of this pile until a non-ace showed up and see what the card could tell me.

Note: If the 4 Aces happen to come out on the first deal, pick the cards up and reshuffle, cut and start over - or consider the question unanswerable at this time.

Just something for fun and to play with - and like I said, no clue if this works.

You Lost It [Addition]

For an added bit of flavoring check the Ace that comes up. This Ace might indicate a time period when you will find the lost item. i.e. If you can't find the lost item indicated by your location positions or by the card or cards under the Ace it may turn up at a later time as indicated by the Ace that comes up.

Ace of Pentacles - Some time during the Winter months. - in other words now [since it is winter], or a year from now.

Ace of Wands - Some time in the Spring months.

Ace of Cups - Some time in the Summer months.

Ace of Swords - Some time in the Fall/Autum months.

It's fun to play with stuff like this, [at least for me]. Change the suits and seasons to whatever works for you.

MizuBunny

Thanks

Thanks, Nodntap. I'll have to try that. =)

Dolphin_Dreamer

Hi MizuBunny

There are a few spread for finding lost items in the spreads index section