Flashforward TV series resumes screening 18 March

IheartTarot

Is anyone else watching the ABC sci-fi TV series starring Joseph Fiennes as an FBI agent and Sonya Walger as his wife a medical doctor? The first season is due to resume screening in the US tomorrow 18 March (S1/E11). We are not too far behind you in South Africa, S1/E10 screened yesterday 16 March.

The basic plot is that everyone on earth gets a glimpse of their future in six months' time, for some it's good and some it's not, and it's interesting to see how people try to change their future (or not).

They are currently advertising the series with "Tarot cards" (see link below):

http://catnowl.com/2010/02/18/tarot-inspired-flashforward-ads/

I wonder why they didn't use a real Tarot deck?!

Marchal

IheartTarot said:
Is anyone else watching the ABC sci-fi TV series starring Joseph Fiennes as an FBI agent and Sonya Walger as his wife a medical doctor?

As a TV junkie there is hardly a mystery series I do not watch ==:-#
In Germany so far the first three or four epsiodes have been shown - I am not sure where the plot will lead to, but so far it is suffiencently interesting and mysterious :). I don't really see a link to tarot cards so far (apart from this glimpse of a future that may not or may be subject to being altered on the basis of what has been shown to people all over the world).

IheartTarot

My lips are sealed, I better not give anything away:) I am still enjoying it after 9 episodes (I checked - number 10 is only next week the TV guide was wrong).

The link to Tarot is not explicit but it does explore the concept of whether or not you can change your future once you have "seen" it.

Marchal

Really a great show (I have reached the end of the season by now) - but what? it has been cancelled and that's it? Really disappointing and somehow it leaves a feeling of wasted time behind - if we never come to a real conclusion what is the good of all of it? Lesson: search wikipedia before starting to watch a new show - I would not have started watching it had I known about this abrupt end.
Strange that the show was no success, for it is quite good - but perhaps people were comparing it with LOST too much.

Glass Owl

I liked how they used the tarot in their marketing although I don't think that it was marketed enough. By the time I found out about the series a few of episodes had already aired. I went online and was able to watch the first episode and I loved it. Unfortunately, I then found out that the series was canceled abruptly so I don't see myself bothering with the rest of the episodes. It is very disappointing when they cancel shows and don't provide the viewers with at least some sort of resolution.

IheartTarot

Glass Owl said:
I liked how they used the tarot in their marketing although I don't think that it was marketed enough. By the time I found out about the series a few of episodes had already aired. I went online and was able to watch the first episode and I loved it. Unfortunately, I then found out that the series was canceled abruptly so I don't see myself bothering with the rest of the episodes. It is very disappointing when they cancel shows and don't provide the viewers with at least some sort of resolution.

They did complete a whole season which is still worth watching. It did come to a conclusion in the sense that they got to the point in time they saw in their flashforwards in the first blackout. The next season would have been about another cycle (following a second blackout) plus the ongoing revelation of who is involved and why.

Glass Owl

IheartTarot said:
They did complete a whole season which is still worth watching. It did come to a conclusion in the sense that they got to the point in time they saw in their flashforwards in the first blackout. The next season would have been about another cycle (following a second blackout) plus the ongoing revelation of who is involved and why.
Thank you for telling me. I read that it was canceled and it didn't have any sort of conclusion. I wonder if it will make it to DVD.

IheartTarot

Glass Owl said:
I read that it was canceled and it didn't have any sort of conclusion. I wonder if it will make it to DVD.

Yes, but not cheap! (N.B. the cheap one is not the whole season)

http://www.amazon.com/FlashForward-...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1279803066&sr=8-1

The airing of the first/only season was interrupted in the US for some reason and it resumed at a later date until the end of the season. By the time we got it here we were able to run the whole thing without interruption (it finished here just after it finished in the US).