foil on cards

snuffy

i'm not sure if this has been asked before (i only found one suggestion in previous posts, and it involved a laser printer, which i don't have), but i'm interested in using foil as i create a deck. for my art class, i'm thinking of creating (or attempting to create) a deck of majors, and as i've always loved foil on decks, are there any methods or suggestions in using foil to accent cards?

(or heck, for that matter, any key suggestions in deck creation in general? :))

blue_fusion

why not try those cheap alternatives to gold-leafing found at do-it-yourself stores? :)

Chronata

Just make sure you go through the same process as real Gold Leafing...using imitation gold, silver or copper, with the sizing.

Do not attempt to use any of the press and peel foils, or any foiling that uses glue in a squirt bottle!

Trust me on this one! :D

dolphingirl

Hi there

If you want gold and silver that is a bit more sturdy you miight tale a look around at some of the new metalic acrlyic paints that are out. WHile there not quite up to the look of foil they do add an elegance and shimmer that you might like. Also take a look at the model enamel paints as those are pretty close to a foil kind of look. Just use those in a WELL VENTALATED area :)

Samantha

thinbuddha

This thread is pretty old..... anyone care to share their secrets for adding professional looking gold or silver foil to the edges of a deck of cards? Can anyone point to a link that might show a step-by-step for how this is done?

I tried google, and kept getting sites showing how to press foil onto certificates, but not to the edges like you see on decks of cards.

AJ

do you mean the outer edges of a stacked deck?
Based on a suggestion somewhere here I tried using my Pilot gold marker but it bled into the deck a bit. I have used it on the faces of the Llewellyn borders with great success though.

thinbuddha

AJ said:
do you mean the outer edges of a stacked deck?

That's exactly what I'm asking. I'm looking to have it done to many decks. If I can do it myself without it looking like a do-it-yourself gone wrong, then I will. Otherwise, I'll pay to have it done.