football spread ?

sunstallion

Football season has started. I want to do a reading before the game to see who would win. any one has any spreads, please share. And please, not a large, confusing spread like a Celtic Cross or an Horoscope spread.

Thanks

the_surfacer

Usually I just did a three-card spread asking how the game will go, though I quit doing readings for games -- the cards never told me what I wanted to hear! ;)

Sheri

I have used an either/or spread for elections and such that has just two alternatives. It is pretty easy, all you do is break the deck into two piles (you could also just pull two cards) face down, designating which pile is which choice. Turn over the top cards (or you could choose any card from each pile) and see what you have. The "winner" would be the choice with the better card. You could also use it for more than two choices by making more piles. What is cool is that it is really more about the cards and the relationships between them than about positioning and such.

I used this for the 2004 presidential election. Granted you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right, but when I used it for the election, I didn't like the outcome (showed Bush would win) so I reshuffled and did the spread again...and the SAME cards came up in the SAME positions. Don't let the simplicity fool you! I have found it is a fast, easy and accurate spread that has worked for me many many times - but it is honest, so I don't use it when I don't really want to learn the truth! (Why I stopped using it on football games!):D

I got the basic spread from Nancy Garen's Tarot Made Easy book.

valeria :D

sunstallion

Hey Valeria,

I just wanted to share with you that I took your advice, and right before the Miami-vs. FSU-college-football game, I pulled the 3 of swords for Miami and the REVERSED Death for FSU. I immediately felt that FSU won but would have a very tough time and came behind.

Yes, they did win by only 3 points, but not until the 4th quarter, and Miami couldnt score in the second half.

Sheri

Cool! How did you like using it?

sunstallion

I dont know if I like it. The Miami-FSU was the first game I used this spread. I have to use it a few more times to see how it turns out.

But I have to tell you that Miami-FSU game is a close one, a lot of people cannot predict who will win because these two teams are the best in the country.

The reason why I felt Miami lost was the three of swords and FSU got the upside-down Death, which meant they survived the death.

Sheri

Yes! I have also found that usually when one gets a Major Arcana that sometimes means they will win. Of course, that may also mean they do worse depending on which Majors it is! :)

I am going to use the spread to predict how my fantasy football teams do this year.

I hope you continue to post your readings! I would love to know how it works out for you!

valeria

the_surfacer

Well, while we're here, I might as well bring out my Tarot story about the Gator Bowl from last year. I was born and raised in Louisville, and I went to the University of Louisville, so naturally I'm a die-hard Louisville Cardinals fan. Since I remember the days when they were not nearly so impressive, you wouldn't believe how incredibly excited I was when they jumped out ahead of Virginia Tech during the first half.

During the halftime show, my husband (who's supposed to be the sceptic! ;)) suggested that I get out my cards and read for the second half.

I got the Nine of Swords, the Tower, and the Three of Swords. :(

Unsurprisingly, Louisville ended up losing, and it was a Three of Swords day indeed. That was when I swore off reading for football. Didn't stop me when hockey season rolled around, though. :p

squeakmo9

valeria said:
I have used an either/or spread for elections and such that has just two alternatives. It is pretty easy, all you do is break the deck into two piles (you could also just pull two cards) face down, designating which pile is which choice. Turn over the top cards (or you could choose any card from each pile) and see what you have. The "winner" would be the choice with the better card. You could also use it for more than two choices by making more piles. What is cool is that it is really more about the cards and the relationships between them than about positioning and such.

I used this for the 2004 presidential election. Granted you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right, but when I used it for the election, I didn't like the outcome (showed Bush would win) so I reshuffled and did the spread again...and the SAME cards came up in the SAME positions. Don't let the simplicity fool you! I have found it is a fast, easy and accurate spread that has worked for me many many times - but it is honest, so I don't use it when I don't really want to learn the truth!
I got the basic spread from Nancy Garen's Tarot Made Easy book.
valeria :D
Thanks for this tiny but powerful spread Valeria...we tried it 3 times and came out with the same person. Now will sit and wait for Nov. to come around:)

Dancing Bear

I dont think i am going to let my husband know about this spread, he will have me doing one every weekend .. we are going into the finals here with our football, so pretty intense , serious stuff here every weekend LOL!!

I may do a spread you have suggested valeria and see what happens ;)
without hubby knowing })