Forgotten Templars by Richard Kaczynski

Zephyros

"The Untold Origins of Ordo Templi Orientis"

Seems like an interesting read. Has anyone ordered it yet?

ravenest

Hmmm ... $80 I suppose it’s worth it. Wasserman gives it a good rave.

No doubt it would be an interesting rave. OTO - what a bunch of fruitcakes! :laugh: - sorry; 'eccentrics' then.

Curious to see how he supports some of the Order 'mythology'. Steiner is cited as a member? connected? I used to have an old OTO 'flowchart' that included everything, just about, from anthroposophy, A.M.O.R.C., L. Ron Hubbard to Gardenarian witchcraft as at least connected to if not originating with OTO.

Curious to see what it says about the 'Secret Conference' and the Fraturnis Saturnii refusal?

Damn! Now I am going to HAVE to get one.

Zephyros

I started reading Perdurabo, and if it is as well researched as that one, it should make for fascinating reading.

Aeon418

Wasserman gives it a good rave.
That's hardly a ringing endorsement considering how Wasserman seems to have lost the plot in recent years. He certainly knows how to tell a good 'story' about A.'.A'.'. lineages. :rolleyes:

Curious to see how he supports some of the Order 'mythology'. Steiner is cited as a member? connected? I used to have an old OTO 'flowchart' that included everything, just about, from anthroposophy, A.M.O.R.C., L. Ron Hubbard to Gardenarian witchcraft as at least connected to if not originating with OTO.

What about P.B. Randolph? He always seems to get over looked.

http://hermetic.com/sabazius/randolph.htm

Aeon418

I started reading Perdurabo, and if it is as well researched as that one, it should make for fascinating reading.
Ah, you got yourself a biography. Nice one! :thumbsup:

ravenest

That's hardly a ringing endorsement considering how Wasserman seems to have lost the plot in recent years. He certainly knows how to tell a good 'story' about A.'.A'.'. lineages. :rolleyes:

In recent years? I thought that happened some time back and he ... got better (shall we say). What's his A.A. lineage mythology?

What about P.B. Randolph? He always seems to get over looked.

http://hermetic.com/sabazius/randolph.htm

What about him? Does he appear in the Book? Dont know yet, cant remember reading that in the blurb. Did he appear in my old 'flow chart' ... I dont think so. Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor / Light was up the top of the chart, Theon and Clymer and others were in there (with Yarker and others similar). I remember going over it with Sabazius years ago when he pointed out what was valid or not according to the research back then. Some links were VERY tenuous but some that were valid surprised me as I thought they were at least exagerated ... I think I saw Spencer Lewis' Minerval certificate once and some rave about how that makes AMORC a branch of OTO (not a rave from Sabazius) so some seem to be really stretching the limit.

But what about Randolph ... it is strange isnt it ... virtually unknown ... it was pretty hard to get any info at all on him back then. I will have to get into the book storage and have another look at my HBL.

There is a female conterpart who is so well repressed that I have even forgotten her name now, even though I wrote an article on her. She died in an asylum of course.

We used to include her in our saints list ... its VERY hard (it seems) to get a new one officially listed in the Church.