Found A University Books RWS

Abrac

I was walking through an antique mall today on the lookout - as usual - for Tarot decks when I spied a wooden box with a piece of silk sticking out and thought hmmm... I went over and opened it up and saw a pink ankh and said jackpot!

I never really thought I would like this deck based on the scans I've seen, but it's really pretty nice. The colors aren't nearly as gaudy as I thought they would be.

So here's a lesson for the kids - you can still find a University Books RWS near you if you apply yourself! :D

Sophie

WOW! Way to go, Abrac! What a treasure. I love stories like that. Enjoy it :)

Abrac

Well, on second thought, the colors really are gaudy. Let's get real. But they aren't as off-putting as I imagined. :)

Antonius

That was a very nice find, did you have to pay much for it?
I bought mine from a member here at the forum, what prompted me to get this deck was this picture posted by A Douglas of the late David Sheridan shuffling the University books deck, and as I'm a big fan of anything remotely connected with Sheridan.

I just had to have it. and i love it.

Attachments

• Davidbig.jpg
    Davidbig.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 141

Antonius

Albano RWS

I am thinking of buying the Albano RWS but does anybody know if the current available version has the same backs as the early 1968 deck, that is the plain cream with small sun in the centre.

Abrac

Hey Antonius-

Yes, the backs are the same. This would actually be a very nice reproduction except for the fact that the image clarity on a lot of the cards is very bad. I bought it and thought it was ok, then later found an original version from 1968 and was amazed at the difference.

Antonius

Albano 1968

Well it looks like I will have to try and find the early version of Albano, any help appreciated .

Thanks.

Abrac

PM sent your way Antonius.