French Cartomancy - Lenormand - OOP??

Bat Chicken

I just bought an LS French Cartomancy deck (Lenormand) on eBay recently. The seller e-mailed me back to tell me I got her last one - that her supplier could no longer get them.

I know they are still available at Alidastore - but I haven't seen them anywhere else....

Does anyone know? Are they going OOP?

ana luisa

I had one. Very old, about 80 years old!! So, I decided to give it a rest and buy a new one. I usually buy at Alida. They had it and it arrived in 10 days. At Tarotgarden, they´re just "sold out" but I don´t think they´re OOP.
BTW, it´s a great deck for readings. :)

Gavriela

Llewellyn has them on sale at their web site - whether that means OOP, I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised - I seem to be scrambling to get second copies of everything I like cos it's all going OOP.

If you had one that was 80 years old, it might have been an original Carreras - they were given away as cigarette cards sometime in the early part of the last century. LS didn't put theirs out until 2005.

Bat Chicken

80 years old! Wow!

Ever since doing the ATF Oracle - I have gotten very excited about learning more. The various thread on interpretation have been amazing.... I guess stocking up is a good idea...! :)

ana luisa

I woudn´t know... They belonged to my great grandmother. It´s a funny story. She was an amazing reader until the day she read her own death! Her children hid the deck so she would stop with the "nonsense". It was kept in "limbo" until I found it many years later and took an interest in it. It would be nice to know how she got it!

Gavriela

If it was indeed the same art as the LS French and that old, then she got it by collecting the cards out of somebody's cigarette packets way back when :D

They had cigarette cards when I was growing up, too, but I don't remember any fortune-telling ones - would've been nicking them if there had been, I'm sure!

jeniko

Hi, I bought mine in Amazon and still you can find there.

Bat Chicken

jeniko said:
Hi, I bought mine in Amazon and still you can find there.
They say 4-6 weeks - that is not usually a good sign.....

Gavriela

Chapters, BatChicken - you'll need to pick up the mini-kit, but it's still available. Just disregard the book. It's around $15, but probably your best shot.