Freshly Squeezed Lenormand

DownUnderNZer

Had a peek at some of this deck just now.

Really like some of the pictures....just not the fact that half of each card seems taken up by words.

Shame really as I am looking at adding new decks to the ones I already have.... :(

Astraea

The images are charming, but as DownUnderNZer says, most of the space on the cards is taken up with text...old Lenormands frequently included poems, but they were short verses intended to allude to a condition or situation, rather than spell it out in detail.

The names of many of the cards have been changed in this new deck...again, what bothers me about this is that the new names concretely label whatever the image is intended to suggest in a traditional Lenormand, and I personally find the new card titles limiting and constricting.

The name of this deck - "Freshly Squeezed Lenormand" - clearly refers to a fresh approach, a new vision, the distillation of meaning in a modern context; in that sense, I can appreciate it for what it is. It doesn't strike me as a Lenormand deck, however, so much as an oracle deck in the Lenormand style. Maybe that's too fine a distinction, and I guess I'm a fuddy-duddy when it comes to Lenormand! This new deck certainly is attractive and appealing in its own way, though. Thank you for bringing it to our attention, HighPriestess.

Tag_jorrit

Not a real Lenormand deck. Just using the name.