from Rider Waite to ????

TheOld

i started with the rider waite but in the last years i'v buy 20 or so different deck but can't find a deck to replace the rider waite, it's like my favorite and i allways choose this deck.
The things is i like to find another deck with more interesting artwork but that don't happend, i'v browse hundreds of deck and nope, nothing really make me feel like "yes this is the new deck i want to have!!!"

anyone have similar story and had replace his favorite rider waite for another deck ?

thanks for the time

Citrin

What kind of artwork do you want? Are you looking for something similar to the RWS, for abstract art, collage-like art, special themes etc etc?

Are you only using RWS based decks? Because then I can recommend that you try either Tarot de Marseille or Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot. That will give you different art, and also a challenge in symbolism and system. :)

I just want to add... If you don't find any other deck that sucks you in as much as your RWS, don't feel bad. Enjoy the good connection you have with your deck! Some people can read with any deck, some can only read with RWS clones, and others prefer to stick to one deck... Nothing wrong with that. :)

TheOld

i love magic symbolism but i can read with any deck, it's just that i like to find a new love ;-)
i'v try thot a couple of years ago, maybe now it can click
other idea ?

Citrin

Thoth seems to take readers on a looong journey, so try that.:D

Ummm let's see... Do you have the Rock Art Tarot? That one is pretty different and cool. Other than that I'm not sure, I like my decks a little ordinary/traditional.

TheOld

hello again,
citrin: i'v look at the rock art tarot and it seems interesting, only glyphs !!!
i'v digged my gilded tarot from my tarot treasure chest and i got a special feeling for it, i found it verry similar to my rider waite and the picture are wow !

things seems to settle themself easy when you open to the world :)
Thanks everybody !
Oméada

Little Baron

I have had my Rider Waite for about eight years.

In that time, I have used it a lot for long periods of time, but have changed it to other decks (in particular, The Marseille, The Morgan Greer and The Thoth - I recently bought the Baroque Bohemian Cats as well). And now, I am using it exclusively and quite happily again. I never exaust it and am learning more about it all of the time.

If you were interested in a variation of the Rider Waite, there is always it's clones - The Universal, Golden, Radiant or Albano, for starters.

If you were looking for Rider Waite symbolism through a different set of eyes, my choise would be Kat Blacks 'Golden Tarot' or the previously mentioned Baroque Bohemian Cats' Tarot.

Something else? - the Hadar Marseille or The Thoth - both have symbolism that would keep you interested for a long time.

Best of luck with your search ... and welcome to the forum.

LB