future in spreads

Lain_82

hello.
Yesterday I was doing a reading for a friend, a simple 5 card spread one, and on the long-term future position she got a card that she didn't like at all, and she asked me if, because of the question and the position, the events that were seen there were going to happen anyway, no matter what she did to prevent them. I told her that the tarot purpose was to guide us rather than predict specific things, and that she could do a lot to change that outcome because we're not doomed by the cards, they're a tool to help us improve our life.

My question is: Was that true? I mean, I think a future position tells you how things will turn out if the energies presented in the reading stay as they are, but I've heard that those predictions are final, and that u can't change them no matter what u do.

thanks!

william_james

I belive...

I completly belive that the tarot is there to guide us and not to run our live's.

After all what would be the point in knowing what was going to come form the future, if you couldn't change it. I belive that we have been given the oppurtunity to know the future so that we can change it.
Destiny works in mysterious ways, as does the TAROT.
I hope this helps.
William James.

sharpchick

I agree with William - the glimpse you get into the future is only an indication of how things could go, if nothing changes. We all have free will.

Lain_82

Well, it has helped me, and you're absolutely right. Its just that when u say that you read tarot cards the first request I get from people is to tell them the future, from the outcome of an exam to the possibilites of a lightning hiting their heads on a sunny day, and hum... hehe... I used to be like that, until I discovered the deeper meaning of a reading. The problem is, I don't really now how to explain that to others, and then they get all dissapointed because I didn't tell them the exact date of the next earthquake.

tarotbear

lain_82~

As you read the boards you will see many readers believe the saying "There is nothing written in stone."

Many times I have been asked 'what if every card in the reading is goodness and light and the final card is a clunker?' If everything leading up to the future is wonderful then why is the future such a nasty card? How can that be?

I don't know the context of your spread, card, or the question asked. But the 'final outcome' is anything but final. Perhaps the question needed rephrasing or clarification. Perhaps you should look at your interpreation for the last card and see if perhaps you interpreted too narrowly.

Today I did my spread for the week and next Saturday (2/18) is the Tower Card. Does that mean the day will suck, that something bad will happen, or that there is a nasty surprise awaiting me? Or does it say that next Saturday will be a day of revelation for me - and changes will come about that are unexpected? Unexpected does not mean negative by any means.