GaiaStar Codex

BodhiSeed

Does anyone have this deck of mandala-like images?
http://www.gaiastarworld.com/pubs.html
If you have it, how do you use it? Are there meanings for the cards that can be used for divination?

Thanks!
Bodhran

Tarotphelia

I have it and in the book there are meanings that can be used for divination . I haven't used it much though , since I acquired it around the time I moved and I have not reconnected to a lot of my decks yet . It's beautiful !

BodhiSeed

Thanks DI! I recently bought this one on ebay, just because it seemed so beautiful. Didn't know if I could actually read with it, but from what you said it is possible. I love the idea of making mandalas from nature.

Bodhran

Tarotphelia

I think we can read almost anything if we put our minds to it . Even if a deck doesn't come with meanings or meanings that suit our particular needs , our brain soup will supply some for us if we open up .

SpiritOfTheDogz

I've just found this deck very very cheap so have ordered it. Expecting it in the next few days depending on the weather and how much the post gets stuck in the snow.

Not sure what it will read like but for next to nothing it's got to be worth it.

SpiritOfTheDogz

Received them today and they're beautiful, a lot better than the pitctures you see on their website and on Amazon, I shall have to start scanning them sometime soon :)
They come beautifully packed in a nice sturdy box. the card stock is sturdy and well laminated without going overboard, and the cards are of a decent size, quite wide but not too long so they fit nicely in your hands (if you have medium to large sized hands).

Still can't believe I have got so much for so little money

Le Fanu

I saw this very, very cheap too in a shop today! I was tempted just because of the price but thought I'd check out what people had to say here.

I found this slideshow which makes it look quite beautiful...

click!

(never quite sure what one is supposed to do with mandalas though...)

MoonGypsy

Oh R/Le Fanu!!! i LOVE that deck!!! Lovely! :love: :laugh: Mandalas are great for meditation...

Hugs,
MGxxx