Gender and court cards

majesticflora

Hey everyone...hows life?

like the title says: gender....From what I understand court cards are somewhat often real people. What happens when say a king is represented by a woman or the queen by a man?

how often are people actually represented by cards? I suppose it depends on surrounding cards, the question, etc. but I would think there would be some sort of trend.

brad

raeanne

Hi Majesticflora,
In order to access the 'Your Readings' forum you have to have something like 25 posts. Until that time it will be unavailable to you. As far as gender is concerned, I don't think court cards are specific about gender. To me they represent personalities. For example, the Queen of Cups is very motherly and nuturing. Well, doesn't a football coach (whatever you consider 'football' to be) mother and nurture his players? For me it just doesn't matter if it is a male or a female but what qualities are being represented. There are some good threads on court cards. If you do a search, you will find a lot of good threads to read. If you participate in those threads, before you know it you will have enough posts to access the 'Your Readings' forum. Hope this helps.

majesticflora

hello raeanne

I have read quite a bit in the "what your cards mean" thread on court cards and a lot of others....

but anyway, in my reading i never read about cout cards representing personalities.

that's pretty much how I interpreted it, so that's good.

I thought there was more to it than that. You can delete this thread if you want, Simone.

brad

MercyMe

Oh, sure women come up as Kings and men as Queens a lot in my readings. I find men coming up as Queens in relationship readings often and I feel it is because their emotions are engaged and more on the surface in that context. Women come up as Kings often when they are trying to gain mastery or control over something that has been dragging them down and under, such as unrequited love or during a necessary break up, something like that. Of course a woman often shows up as a King in job readings where she is in management or acting as a supervisor or being her own boss.

garfield

for me the court cards actually denotes an individual. whether he is too emotional on the issue or the one handling the situation. but for me if it is the last card it signifies A person.

zach bender

since I can readily find in readings (for example) one or another queen describing an aspect of myself, I almost never read any of the courts as "representing" an individual, so much as an aspect of an individual who might be of either sex or of any age. although I am working with a rider waite and a small press deck that purports to be based on rider waite, I think of the pages as androgynous.

zb

Moonbow

The Your Readings forum is open to all members regardless of the number of posts or membership status, but please read the guidelines at the top before posting.

Rosanne

Apart from seeing the energies of the Courts as genderless personalties; whilst using the RWS they are seen by me as signs of the Zodiac with their elements. This gives them their traits of personality. They are just on the line between signs (cusp)
Kings are fixed,Queens are Cardinal etc.
King Cups = Scorpio/ Libra -so becomes Water/Water/Air for example. So for me he is fluid, emotional intellect, maybe spiritual as well. As a personality the King of Cups is probably quite an understanding character. ~Rosanne