Getting a different answer to the question asked

Mind

I was doing a f2f reading for a friend yesterday... admittedly this was my first as I prefer doing distance work, but a very different answer kept coming up.

She wanted to know if a baby girl was in her future, however the 7 of swords kept appearing. She also said that she had a reading some time ago and the same thing happened - she was warned that someone may be stealing from her or being deceitful etc.

I told her I would do reading for her again at home. I used 5 cards and it showed up third which indicated to me the problem/issue around her right now.

I honestly don't know what to tell her... can this be to do with family life or is it more important that she's aware of something that someone could be saying or doing behind her back. Is it possible that a message is meant to get to her, that it comes up regardless of the question asked?

I will probably start another thread to gather some thoughts on 7 of swords as a card, as there seems to be two questions in one here!

nisaba

I cannot get past a thought that she herself is being disingenuous. Perhaps she is asking an invalid question - perhaps she knows something about her fertility or infertility that you don't know. Perhaps she is "hoping against hope" knowing the odds are stacked against a conception.

Right at this moment, I can't think past that.

blueviolet

I find that this happens here and there for me as well.
It may be that she asked her question, but she had stronger thoughts behind it that drew out the 7 of Swords in response. It could have something to do with her question, where as Nisaba said, she could be withholding information -- feeling guilty about not sharing the whole picture on what her health is regarding having a baby -- or something in her past dealing with fertility she hasn't let go of. Or it could have something to do with another area in her life entirely, that may be associated, linked -- that reminds her of it when she asks and it's answering that.
Our thoughts are energies. Think of it as that, and perhaps ask her to think about all that was on her mind when she asked her question for this reading.

starrystarrynight

Without having the rest of the cards in the spread, some thoughts I would have on the 7 of Swords in this case (beyond what nisaba and blueviolet said):

1) that your seeker is feeling cheated by the situation (i.e. it may not be someone else around her perpetrating deceit upon her) which may eventually lead her into depression.

2) that she would have to do some planning in order to "get" the girl baby she wants (modern medical "designer baby" stuff??)

3) that maybe her husband has gotten a vasectomy on the sly(!)

4) that she may move location before getting pregnant again (if ever she is to get pregnant again.)

Point is, without benefit of the rest of the cards, it is very difficult to say what the card may mean out of context.

owlish

I'm thinking she is deceiving herself, as others have already indicated. She probably doesn't mean to deceive you, but she can't accept the truth of the situation. She's looking for something to support her false perception, which is why she asked for this reading.

SunChariot

mindxb said:
I was doing a f2f reading for a friend yesterday... admittedly this was my first as I prefer doing distance work, but a very different answer kept coming up.

She wanted to know if a baby girl was in her future, however the 7 of swords kept appearing. She also said that she had a reading some time ago and the same thing happened - she was warned that someone may be stealing from her or being deceitful etc.

I told her I would do reading for her again at home. I used 5 cards and it showed up third which indicated to me the problem/issue around her right now.

I honestly don't know what to tell her... can this be to do with family life or is it more important that she's aware of something that someone could be saying or doing behind her back. Is it possible that a message is meant to get to her, that it comes up regardless of the question asked?

I will probably start another thread to gather some thoughts on 7 of swords as a card, as there seems to be two questions in one here!

if there is a very important message that the querent needs to know, the cards will tell them that first and foremost. If the powers that send us the answers through the cards (whatever you envision that to be) know that you are going to only ask one question and there is an essential message they want the querent to have...yes in that case they can override your question and just give you the info that the querent needs to know so badly.

I've seen it happen more than once, usually they just answer our questions, but if there is something more important they need the person to know, they will give that priority. Yes i believe it is just what you said "Is it possible that a message is meant to get to her, that it comes up regardless of the question asked?"

I saw it happen even in a reading I did for myself. I was thinking about quiting my job and I asked my cards two questions first.

In answer to the question "What will happen if I do not quit this job?" I got call kinds or cards that to me are about romance and love and romantic relationships. When all I had really asked about was the work atmosphere (really mean boss), if it would improve and become more tolerable.

In the end I stayed on and did not quit because of the tone of the whole reading. So I stayed. And YES I did meet my Soul Mate there, less than a week later. If I had quit I would never have met him. He started working there just days after I wanted to quit. So hey the cards needed to tell me that. Whether I had asked about it or not becasue an important event in my life was coming and if I had quit that job I would have missed it.

There is one reason I love Tarot so much! We literally would never have met if I had not done the reading. If I had not done it I would have just up and quit. And I love him so much now.

And whatever you sense your cards are trying to tell her, I am sure it's an important message. Usually the cards just answer what we ask. When they override the question, it's generally when they have something to tell the querent that they consider it very very important that they know.

Babs

Mind

Thanks everyone... that really makes sense!

whatever you sense your cards are trying to tell her, I am sure it's an important message. Usually the cards just answer what we ask. When they override the question, it's generally when they have something to tell the querent that they consider it very very important that they know.

That is what I was thinking but is was my first f2f reading and I just got flustered and went blank... in relation to her question I just couldn't reconcile.

I'm thinking she is deceiving herself, as others have already indicated. She probably doesn't mean to deceive you, but she can't accept the truth of the situation. She's looking for something to support her false perception, which is why she asked for this reading.

I cannot get past a thought that she herself is being disingenuous. Perhaps she is asking an invalid question - perhaps she knows something about her fertility or infertility that you don't know. Perhaps she is "hoping against hope" knowing the odds are stacked against a conception.

However, these two points and those of BlueViolet/Starrystarrynight cover another angle... and one that makes perfect sense. Why would it keep showing up otherwise.

Starrystarrynight - as you asked, the other cards were 4 of cups and Knight of cups... in that order. I did wonder what the connection with her husband was in this scenerio - I think there is something there...