Goddess Power Deck

CloeCat

Goddess Power Pack

Greetings all,

I have found anogher oracle that rocks!

I do not know if others have run acrossed it and this one is geared to young women I'd say high school, college and starting out or stuck some ware in age 20's thru early 30's. Anyways, I am almost thirty and I was very drawn to this deck the "Goddess Power Pack" by Cordelia Brabbs deck and Book set at barnes and noble. I put off buying it for a month or so because it reminded me of the back grounds for some IM enviroments on yahoo. An that was just seeing the box and samples on the back. I gave in finally and I am so glad. I had been asking Mother Earth for a way to get in touch clearly and wow!!! did I get it.

There are 30 cards in the deck and though it is a support guide for women to get in touch with the goddess in themself and with working with goddesses in general it is a oracle as well. It really gives a indepth reading when you give it a chance. The cards are on the thin side, but are reall easy to suffle, and the backs are not reversible. The first reading I did with it had me in a state of... well it made me really look at myself and my situation. This oracle works ladies.

It also gives a updated look to the goddess we know and love. Which makes them more accessable for the younger generation. These are not fluffy cards, nor are they all super positive. These are not scary but they are not super sweet either. Kali and Cerridwen are here, ladies. You will find support, advise and ideas here for many areas of life and the cycle of it.

Hack, it even talks about birth control, choice, loving and enjoying your body. Goddess Power Pack is almost $20 with tax. I have been working with it thru the fullmoon, and really feel this deck could help alot of people. Older ladies give it a look if you can. I really feel that even though it is gear to younger girls, it really speaks to all women. I could go on and on~ check this out!!!

Deana

I absolutely love this deck! I am thirty. I really love the way the Goddesses are reinterpreted so they look like women from today; it really helped me understand them more intimately. Wonderful deck.

Rhiannon

Card scans. When are publishers going to realized that the way to get us to buy decks is with CARD SCANS! *mumbles under breath*

EarthAngel2911

I agree that this deck is great. I found it a couple of months ago in Barnes and Noble and thought that it was for a younger audience (I'm 37). I found an open box and looked through the cards, and even though I really liked the more modern look of the art, I just felt I was too old for it.

But then as I was putting the cards away, one "jumped" out of the deck. It was Hecate, my personal goddess! So I bought the Goddess Power Pack. :) At the beginning of each month I pull a card to see which goddess I need to work with that month, and so far, the cards have been very accurate.

Thanks for the idea to do regular readings. Isn't it funny that I didn't really think of using the cards in that way! lol

This is definitely a great goddess deck!

Blessings,
Karen

Colby

I love the image on the box... I'm in my late 30's and am looking for some youngish Goddess cards that are not so spiritual in image (if that makes sense) because I facilitate Goddess Playshops and want to start doing readings but not to spiritual (if that's making sense) so something that looks modern and has been revamped for the modern woman is what I'm looking for... It looks like these will be added to my wish list :)

Glass Owl

EarthAngel2911 said:
I agree that this deck is great. I found it a couple of months ago in Barnes and Noble and thought that it was for a younger audience (I'm 37). I found an open box and looked through the cards, and even though I really liked the more modern look of the art, I just felt I was too old for it.

But then as I was putting the cards away, one "jumped" out of the deck. It was Hecate, my personal goddess! So I bought the Goddess Power Pack. :)
I am soon to be 36 and this deck caught my eye at Barnes and Noble yesterday. They were in the marked down area - 50% off. The box was open but the cards were still shrinkwrapped. As I started flipping through the book I saw that the deck contains a Kuan Yin card and decided to get it.

CloeCat

I am so happy for all you ladies that found a goddess you connect with in this deck and or found this deck useful and really like it. I was just reading through this thread and realized a important event connected to this oracle and the date I posted/ started this thread.

That this oracle GPD (and a few others) had been showing me/ bringing up motherhood all through the first month I was working with it and I committed to some friends around this time the a couple of my oracles where bringing this subject up. In this Deck it was the card "Mary~Pregnancy/motherhood" that I just took it to mean to stay on top of my birth control when my hubby was in town(he was working out of state for a while and came home a few times a month).

Well three days before my birth day March 7th I found out I was pregnant and the day I got PG was Feb. 14 the day after I wrote the post for this Oracle's thread..... isn't life lovely and Funny!!! It was Valentines day and we got really drunk that night. I woke up the next day knowing I had for got something but could not remember clearly the end of the evening... enoght said.... :)

Oh by the way there is a another fun event happen to me... I went to FaerieWorlds ( a Faerie themed music festival) last year around the weekend just after the 18th of July and found out I was Pregnant at the end of Aug... LOL That June before the trip we had just decided to not have any more kids, and were making plans to make sure we would not.... We think the Goddess had other ideas for us... LOL ...Both our babies were born on the 10th of the months they were born in. When I think about this I Know the Goddesses & Faerie are alive and active in my life and really have a great sense of humor....Oh I have news about another Oracle that will be coming out soon and is connected to the Faerieworlds Festival coming up, so look for that thread.
:)

Carla

You don't have to be 20-something to love this one -- I am 45 and just bought it. I think it will make a groovy companion to the Tarot of the Silicon Dawn. :)