Goddess Tarot: 6 ~ Love: Venus

destinyawaitsme

Venus...the Roman Goddess of Love...hence the name of this card Love.

Here's a page with some info about her: http://ancienthistory.about.com/library/weekly/aa020100b.htm

What better color to represent the goddess of love then this deep crimson red. Venus lies on a bed of luxurious rich colors. She's picking at some flowers. It almost reminds me of the old "he loves me, he loves me not" game. Of course being the goddess of love and beauty, you could probably bank that no one would ever NOT love you. She so beautiful with her luxurious flowing blonde hair cascading off her shoulders. The artist did a wonderful job at creating a sensual feel to this card. She's definately my muse.

autumnsdaughter

At first, this card seemed... insipid to me. Perhaps it's born of my resentment for the "hot girls" in high school- which I have never been- and pretended that I never wanted to be. But now that I am a bit older, I have come to see that loveliness is not a matter of a perfect face and body, but a way of being... and looking deeper into this card, I can feel Aphrodite's true loveliness. Her soulful eyes show the depth of her compassion, and her pure emotion. She loves without judgment- loves without conditions- this is why she is the goddess of love. She understands how to love without trying to change the one she loves.
The rich red of her gown shows how open with her heart she can be- she holds nothing back. I imagine that she is laying on a couch in a palazzo- we can see Venezia in the frame- and Venice is indeed named in honor of Venus. I can see this card as the seed-image of Kris' other deck, the Lover's Path. The roses remind me that love has thorns as well- but it is better to be pricked by a thorn, than to never smell a rose.