Going to Firenze

la-luna

This week I’m going for a little trip to the region of Firenze/Florence, and as I always love to look at local book-/esoteric shops I was wondering if anyone in here knew some interesting addresses

gregory

Never minds shops; make the effort to go that little bit further to Niki de St Phalle's Tarot Garden- it is AMAZING and not too far .... Very close to Capalbio. You HAVE to - it is too good a chance to miss - there are shops everywhere in the world, but only one of these !

NightWing

Nevertheless...

...I would check in a few of the better and less stuffy travel guidebooks, such as "Lonely Planet" or "Rough Guide". I know there was a very nice card shop in Florence, within a short walk of the Santa Croce church, but that was a few years ago. They had all sorts of regional tarrochi decks, as well as many others, including artistic poker. I'm sorry I can't recall the name. Travel and age can both blur one's memory! Best wishes.

gregory

There were some amazing ones in a tobacconist's near one of the town gates too.... If you find it let me know, as the last time I was there I couldn't find it again....! One good place to look is the on line yellow pages. I have found some extraordinary occult stores that way !

But really - check out the garden. It has a website ! It really is something you will never forget.

la-luna

the garden was already on my "absolutely to do list"

gregory

Great - it really is fantastic - and you are going at a better time of year than I did - we BAKED in the heat - and still went back twice.... Wear sensible shoes.....!