good starts

nisaba

HAd a really good evening this evening. Firstly, I came home with a warm glow. It had been my first day reading in a "new" cafe, and even though it was slow it went well - everyone was nice, I did a mini-reading for a staff member, people from the hairdressers across the way came over and asked for business cards. Nice start.

Then I came home to a teenager who is wonderful to everyone in the world except me. When she was really little she used to talk an unholy interest in my decks, and I had to protect them from her. She gave up, and I suppose I never asked. So out of hte blue recently I asked if she had any interest in learning. She was astonished to be asked. We had our first lesson today. I chose to use the Morgan-Greer because it is fairly traditional and easy to teach from.

She really loved some of the cards, really hated Justice (which made me wonder!), was indifferent to most of them. She hated looking at htem and listening to me talk. She has an art project set: do a work on the Seven Deadly Sins. She asked if she could use Tarot for that. I said yes, so she went through the deck looking for images that reminded her of the sins. She immediately brightened up and was more cheerful. I couldn't believe she'd never looked through my huge Tarot basket while I was out of hte house, but she hadn't, and I showed her a couple of very different decks just for teh visual angle, one of which was a mini-Motherpeace.

She was immediately attracted. I thought because it was round, and she certainly has an ability with shuffling round cards that I don't have, and that she doesn't have for shuffling rectangular ones. And the size was perfect for her hands. She was really drawn to the images, too, but was happy to wrap it up and put it away. She knows my reasons for selecting the Morgan-Greer and she certainly responds to the deck if I'm not actually teaching it <grin>, both positively and negatively, but I have a feeling when she's picked up a bit of knowledge, I'll be giving her the Motherpeace for her own.

One day I'll have to tell her that it was the first deck anyone ever did a paid reading for me on, and that's why I bought it.