Good Witch Bad Witch Study Group - The East Witch

WolfyJames

I asked my Witches which one wanted to be studied first and this is the one that came up. For anyone who wants to see the card: http://strangerealms.multiply.com/photos/photo/1/26

The East Witch represents the air element traditionaly as well as spring. There is even dawn on the card with the raising sun. Obviously, all these mean the beginning of something, the flowers are white so this is something new, fresh and untainted. I have no idea what sort of flowers they are though. The pink-mauve colors accentuate the innocence aspect of the card.

With the book opened, I guess this refer to the element air that is in the card. It's probably about knowledge, something that is revealed to us or something that we have to learn.

Anything to add?

6 Haunted Days

I would say it could be about new beginnings as well, new courses of study and research. Perhaps a change in viewpoint or way of seeing and thinking a situation or aspect.

Air to me is also things moving fast. The book suggests reading about new interests, studying.

Or with the sun rising "Today is a clean slate, it's the first day of the rest of your life!" A fresh start.

Could be a timing card as well, as in Springtime. An awakening. Or obviously a direction someone is moving.

She is holding a Lotus, and of course that's a sacred flower to Eastern Religions. Awakening to the spiritual reality of life. Here is just a sample I found on the many meanings a white Lotus can have.....
"White lotus
This symbolizes Bodhi, the state of total mental purity and spiritual perfection, and the pacification of our nature. It generally has eight petals corresponding to the Noble Eightfold Path of the Good Law. It is the lotus found at the heart of the Garbhadhatu Mandala, being the womb or embryo of the world. It is characteristic of the esoteric sects, and the lotus of the Buddhas."

Miss 6

Aulruna

I also thought the blossoms were Lotus.

Another Lotus fact that fits the meaning of this card is the viability of their seeds, they practically last forever and can still develop into plants. I think this pronounces the seed theme.

Many more Lotus facts:
http://everything2.com/index.pl?node=lotus

purple_scorp

This card reminds me of the Statue of Liberty.......so I guess freedom comes to mind. Still, with the compass, you can't help thinking that this witch has come to make a point!

What is that book she is reading from? Is her role to preach the writings from that book?

I see like the other card - the leaves are covered in scattered text. And I feel numbers play a part here. There are three big flowers on her dress, and two bats flying in the sky.

Did the bats heed her advice? They look happy enough!

I feel that if I drew this card, it's beckoning me to walk to my bookshelf, shut my eyes, reach for a book and randomly open to a page to read it's message!

The corresponding spell for this card is:
"To expel stress"

I always associate lotuses with peace.....a new day is dawn!

with love
purple_scorp