Great bookstore in Amsterdam!

Hedera

Most of you that live near enough to visit probably already know this, but there is a *wonderful* bookstore in Amsterdam, called Wanuskéwin, on the Ferdinand Bolstraat nr 28.

I went there yesterday, barely managed not to spend *all* the money I had with me. :D

They have a very large selection of all kinds of new age / esoteric / shamanistic / wicca books, and a GREAT tarot selection! Lots of decks, some fairly unusual ones, a lot of deck-book sets (*salivatesss*) and also those decks seperately, and a very good selection of books on tarot, both in Dutch and English. Prices were reasonable, in general.

Also, I really liked the atmosphere; relaxed and quiet. There weren't a lot of people there, and the store is quite light and spacious. Unlike most other bookstores I know, they don't keep their decks behing lock and key; they;re in a cabinet with glass doors, that you can just open yourself to look at a deck. The guy who worked there was really friendly, I think he wouldn't mind opening one or two boxes so you can look at all the cards.

I found so much more interesting stuff here than I ever did at the ABC, Himalaya or Au Bout Du Monde!

I'm putting myself on a budget for a couple of weeks, because I plan to visit the fair in Rijswijk in May and want to be able to get some stuff there, but after that, I will definatly go there again soon!

wavebreaker

Sounds like a great store! And I guess it's a good thing I don't go to Amsterdam a lot... :D

Btw, I found their website.

See you in Rijswijk! ;)

Maan

Hi Hedera
I have been there and like you almost spent my monthly budget. I bought my spiral set there. That was the first time that i saw the set in the netherlands!

See you both in Rijswijk too. I'm looking forward to it...but May is an awfully long wait :(