Great Tarot Spread of the Great Seal of America

paradoxx

June 20th 1782 is when the Congress of the United States made the Great Seal of the United States official, June 20th 1981 (199 years after) is my birthday as well as the day of the birth of the Islamic Republic beginning a new age in the middle east. I have created a spread based on the Great Seal of the United States (as well as the Great Seals of several of the states themselves) and have come up with some intersting results, unfortunatly i cannot find a way to show how the spread is used but i can define what the cards are if anyone wants to know how to do it.

for visual reference pull out a 1$bill or a 50 cent piece with the seal on it. or visit www.greatseal.com

1 the olive branch of peace. lower left, the strive and direction of peace and harmony. What can be done without interfearence, how we percieve peace, what is being done to ensure peace.

2 the bundle of arrow. lower right, action and reaction, war, conflict, defense. what must be done, how we percieve conflict, what it the conflict resolving

3 the eagles right wing wing,our upper left, mundanely-one of the political parties, right wing politics, where the emotional standpoint is and how it is projected.

4 the eagles left wing, our upper right, the other political party, left wing politics, what the intellectual standpoint is and how it is projected.

5 the eagles right wing, below and to the right of card 3, the inner workings of what is represented in card 3. events in motion

6. the eagles left wing, below and to the left of card 4, the inner workings of card 4, events in motion,

7 the eagles right wing, below and to the right of card 5, the hidden energies and workings of the emotional center of the brain, the politics and policies in effect, what is being hidden

8the egales left wing, below and to the left of card 6, the hidden energies and workings of the concious mind, the policits and policies in effect, what is being hidden

9. 9 feathers below the eagle, represented by at least 3 cards, 9 at most. these are the balancing factors the keep the bird in flight. court cards here would represent peopel close to you or people in influential positins that could influence how the balance occurs.

10: above card(s) 9, teh red of the shield, the blood of the nation and union, what keeps the situation from degrading or getting out of hand, what protects your freedom in teh situaiton. could indicate a situation with the law. The shield is the flag of the seal. The colors of the nation are the protecting force of the Eagle. The red symbolizes the power, courage, and blood of America (an the situation as whole) as well as what can be the heart of the situation.

11. The blue top of the shield would be teh spirit of America and its power and influence that it symbolizes (1st amendment rights) as well as the spiritual influences on the situation that are normally unseenagain what keeps teh situation from degrading, MAjor arcania in these positions could represent cosmic forces in effect.

12. the eagle himself, the direction he faces. pay attention to cards 1 and 2 and 12, the direction of the person/creature/thing on the card can be very telling in teh general explanation of the reading itself, E. Pluribus Unim, out of many, one, Basically , out of many enegies, one, if the 'eagle' faces up relate card 13 in as well. This would symbolize the questioners interpretaiton of the situation as it has come to be known

All of the above cards can be touching eachother (no need to dismember the eagle) or not depending on the preference of the reader, amount of space, etc . . .

13. above 12 but not touching higher power, the 13stars of the obverse, the eye of the reverse. cosmic forces beyond human control (Think astrology, or the nature of the Tarot itself, Justice, etc. . .), this card is detached from teh rest of the reading and additional cards can be used to further enhance the meanings represented.

allibee

A very interesting, highly complicated spread, especially for the many of us here who might never have seen a dollar bill up close in our lives, LOL
A lot of work has been put into it tho, well done

allibee

dangerdork

Paradoxx:

Sounds like you've done your homework on the Great Seal. What can you tell us about the Eye in the Triangle?

paradoxx

layout

ok, i'm gonna try this

I think that should give the basic idea, if one wants to, they can use a basic pyramid layout, im not going to specifgy any one in paticular, for the reverse side. Maybe using two decks at once (Shapeshifter and Celtic Dragon would be a good combination) might yield some information.

Edited in on Feb 14, 2004

general interpretation for use with a personal court trial:

the two wings and the two talons represent the defense and prosecution
the 9 feathers represents the balance of the karma of justice
the shield is the protector of the individuals rights
the eagles head would be the judge
the 13 stars above would be a possible appeals process

paradoxx

dangerdork said:
Paradoxx:

Sounds like you've done your homework on the Great Seal. What can you tell us about the Eye in the Triangle?

The eye appears in me left hand palmistry lines, Its an ancient symbol that probably predates humanity, its a great reference for a tarot spread. The information awareness office (IAO) has the eye in teh triangle above the pyarmid on its seal (the IAO is a part of DARPA). The all-seeing eye oversees all.

It can symbolize any diety/god you want ( i prefer quezacoatl since the pyramid has a flat top on it, but horus, ra, and Osiris also come to mind.) like my last post any pyramid spread could be used for the reverse seal spread. I am also in the process of designing seals based on the more layout-friendly State Seals, with some intersting results.

aeonx

paradoxx: that spread of yours is quite impressive! Great job! I hope I get to use it some day. :)

~aeonx~

paradoxx

I hope that those who use this spread are informed with what they are looking for, i have recieved infomration that is not always simple, but usually workable.

paradoxx

The left wing/right wing meanings are alittle difficult to work with. It does represent the political opposites as well as the opposites within ones own life and mind. However, if anyone has any ideas for the cards 3-8 interpretations it would be helpful.

paradoxx

I plan to use this spread in relation to the 2004 U.S.A. Presidentia lElections, this should be interesting.