Greenwood Tarot - Queen of Wands: Hare

Mi-Shell

From Chesca Potter's notes:

Queens or Holders
placed at the times of stasis, the solstices and equinoxes represent empowered stillness.
Time of year; Spring Equinox Element; Fire

The hare still has connections to the Spring Equinox through Easter eggs and Easter rabbits. The name of the Anglo-Saxon Hare Goddess Eostre is preserved in the name Easter. In the tarot card a hare stands facing the dawn, looking towards a new future. A blackthorn wand stands behind. These trees are unusual in that they flower in spring before they come into leaf, and they reflect the dual nature of this time of year; the sharpness of the March weather, the beauty of the spring flowers. The hare’s paw leans on an Eastern European decorated Easter egg painted with a wheel of the year design. The Egg is the promise of potential abundance.
At her feet the grass seems to dance with the rising sap of spring. In folklore hares were the spirit form of witches.
Divination: An empowered and energised person, with the ability to utilise their full potential, as long as they are not tempted to use that power against themselves or others.

Attachments

• Queen of Wands  AT size.jpg
    Queen of Wands AT size.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 314

Mi-Shell

To me This is Ostara/ Kaltjes!

Kaltjes-Ekwa
was the mother of the hero Mir-Susne-Hum and the wife of the god Num-Torum who defeated her in heaven. Kaltjes - or Kaltes is a moon goddess venerated by the Ugric people of western Siberia. A shape-shifter, she is shown here manifested as a hare, and animal sacred to her. This appearance shows her lunar nature, for the hare is a luna creature; many cultures, when looking at the moon, see the outline of the hare, who lives in the moon. The hare is often seen as an intermediary between lunar deities and humans, so the appearance of Kaltes in this form indicates her accessibility to her people.
Kaltes is known as a fertility goddess and a goddess of rejuvenation. She is called upon by women in childbirth, for she is especially venerated as a promoter of beginning of the life cycle. Although she is some what feared because she can determine people's destinies, she is mostly revered for her gentle wisdom. She is a compassionate guide to the mysteries of life.

For me the Spring Equinox and the time I have to come forth again - from 3 month of rest and winter growth.
The Q o W also to me always “means busines” and is
someone, who gets things done.....
So action more than stasis.... like:
Time to get started by setting up my Easter Egg and painting my prayers onto a new Egg....

here[/URL I have written a great deal about Kaltjes, Hares and Rabbits and the lore and legends about them in different cultures. :)

Attachments

• Kaltes.jpg
    Kaltes.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 191